FMC 392.3

quad decade guy

Drank a red bull on the way in. I’m an idiot.
Oh.....

I enjoyed a nice Sunday with margaritas and Mexican food before my Monday A1c. I fasted and all but it was quite high. We waited 2 weeks and tried again....much better. Won't do that again. And realized what that type of food, alcohol does to your system.

Red Bulls are poison. End of lecture.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Agreed.

It isn't against CDL holders or passenger license holders.

But legalities in the wording and presumptions while holding non commercial vehicle drivers to some of the regulations, some of the time....

Is very sneaky....
You mean how I’m subject to randoms and you aren’t? I agree. The verbiage is different but technically we are the same.

quad decade guy

DOT is every commercial driver. If you have to submit to a DOT physical, you are governed by the DOT. Period.
Successfully I don't know. Usually management just doesn't want to take it all the way. I've heard about it going both ways.

Either way I doubt anyone would stay fired for using fatigue legitimately. Meaning having worked 50+ hours in 5 days.
50 hours in 5 days is the threshold? Where did this number come from?

Define legitimately? By whose standard?

So, if mgt. doesn't want to "take it all the way".....the fatigue guy takes off anytime he wants or claims? Serious question.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You mean how I’m subject to randoms and you aren’t? I agree. The verbiage is different but technically we are the same.
Technically...

I haz all endorsements...

But yes yes.

This is why i beat this dead horse.

Ill go give em tren drop everyday if they want

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Oh.....

I enjoyed a nice Sunday with margaritas and Mexican food before my Monday A1c. I fasted and all but it was quite high. We waited 2 weeks and tried again....much better. Won't do that again. And realized what that type of food, alcohol does to your system.

Red Bulls are poison. End of lecture.

No argument from me there. Lesson learned.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Here we go....

Sleep apnea IS A BIG DEAL. You should want to know if you have it. It is highly treatable and can prevent life altering health problems.

Heart attack and stroke will kill you and forever alter quality of life.

I don't understand the aversion to better health. I have a friend who lies at every physical about his snoring. But then, he is a heavy smoker and alcoholic. Coughs chronically.
And here we go with someone who is perfectly fine with Big Brother stepping in and dictating how you live your life. Have you ever seen the parameters that entail getting caught up in apnea diagnosis with a CDL? DOT/FMCSA should have no business dictating what I have to do on my personal time. They already are heavy handed enough.

I'm in no way discounting apnea is serious stuff. I skirted for a year getting forced into a sleep study at my last job. Getting hired at UPS actually got me out of it by using one of their approved Physician Assistants that does physicals as a side hustle. So I am thankfully avoiding DOT involvement and outright infringement into my personal life.

That being said, I'm not an idiot. I called and discussed this with the union benefits office and found out that sleep study is all covered. They outright purchase the CPAP as opposed to rental. So I have a sleep study scheduled for early December. Any results or outcome and how I use the machine if needed, will be on my terms, not the governments. As it should be.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Ok. Quit. Leave. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK THERE.

There are many, many occupations out there that work EVERY SATURDAY.....grocery stores, restaurants, automotive parts stores....

And you far outpace them pay wise.

Amazon, the Post Office and Fed-Ex all work Saturdays and SUNDAYS....quit and go there.

Covid is a tragedy......but has been a financial blessing for UPS'ers.
You are the problem. Prime example of why ups walks all over this union with impunity. If you want to slave your life away for this company more power to you.

Misthios

So,

You can do the job just fine and all.....

But, you just don't want to ?

And willing to lie about it? Whatever it takes....?

Not a physical illness but you just don't like how the company is run?
1. Who said I was lying? I'm pretty tired come Saturday. Wish I had your boundless energy to slave away for capitalism. How does it feel that your compensation for working so hard is less than 1% of what the ceo makes?

2. 6 day work weeks shouldn't exist. Plain and simple.

Misthios

Did for 15 years....on a heavy industrial route.

Sonny......been there done that.

When first married with child....I delivered 5 days and mowed grass on Sat. and Sun. Rinse repeat. I also had a janitorial job on Friday nights. No BS.

Perhaps the OP can go to Feeders......but then I work 60 hours there too.......in 5 days.....

UPS isn't fun.....it's not designed to be. It's hard work. The OP has a problem. He doesn't like hard work or how the company is run. Seems like he has options up to and including quitting.
See your argument makes no sense. You delivered 5 days a week and I'll say it again 5 days a week. You choose your weekend side jobs. You had a choice correct? Yes you did so kudos for living to work.

Again 60 hours in 5 days. I'll say again 5 days. See how what your saying sounds idiotic?