Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
You want more work you can't handle that's what will happen. I'll take an extra week of vacation. They will find a way to get your wage increase back.All we do is break even in this constant game of give and take. I'm all for them saving money so profits remain high. I have ideas for them but they won't listen.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You want more work you can't handle that's what will happen. I'll take an extra week of vacation. They will find a way to get your wage increase back.All we do is break even in this constant game of give and take. I'm all for them saving money so profits remain high. I have ideas for them but they won't listen.
First Union dues are based off hourly wages so they will fight for raises.

Vacation is costing them more than a raise. For vacation they are paying you to sit and home and do nothing nothing. Plus paying someone to cover your route. How much vacation does one need? We get 7-8 weeks now depending on where u are.

Finally those of us with 25 or more years or those that waited 15 years to go full time need raises.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Feeders & package car only though, hub employees & air drivers do not get double time. I'm almost positive.
Gotcha. Air drivers I know your right. That's part of the deal with taking that job.

Preload twilight hub I would think are double time. In my center they never worked before. Drivers unload and load everything in the past.

RealPerson

Gotcha. Air drivers I know your right. That's part of the deal with taking that job.

Preload twilight hub I would think are double time. In my center they never worked before. Drivers unload and load everything in the past.

Just have to wait till it all plays out and see.
I know for a Fact as a part timer working the HUB at 1159 PM start time, I will only be getting straight time for working on an actual Holiday....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we going to be well compensated for it?

Sent using BrownCafe App

there's more to life than money. thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for family time. parents are flying in from east coast, children are coming in from Oregon, Idaho and parts of Cali.

"sorry everyone. I have to sleep and work. sleep and work. maybe next year"

it's goddam ridiculous. every road supe should be forced to take a feeder run so the people who work 60 hours a week can have a 4 day weekend before the onslaught.

money aint everything.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The Friday after Thanksgiving was never a legal Holiday. Christmas however is.
No but it was ours, because of the onslaught coming. I understand people not liking it, its the one long weekend we got to enjoy, since Christmas is not very enjoyable, when you usually have to go back the day after. But I dont care, coz I dont have many more.

brostalss

You have to remember that Thanksgiving is an American holiday. Now this country is much more multi-cultural. Thanksgiving to them is just another Thursday. That Friday is no different.

And with retails stores ruining Thanksgiving for the rest of us, we as a company have to adapt to the changes. I don't like it but what choice do we have?

I remember when on Thanksgiving and New Years Day all that was open was a gas station and a Chinese restaurant.

10 point

You have to remember that Thanksgiving is an American holiday. Now this country is much more multi-cultural. Thanksgiving to them is just another Thursday. That Friday is no different.

And with retails stores ruining Thanksgiving for the rest of us, we as a company have to adapt to the changes. I don't like it but what choice do we have?

I remember when on Thanksgiving and New Years Day all that was open was a gas station and a Chinese restaurant.
It's all about saving face this year IMO. Ask your BD reps. It quacks like a duck.

Maybe quacks like a drone.

rod

Retired 22 years

I remember when on Thanksgiving and New Years Day all that was open was a gas station and a Chinese restaurant.[/quote]