Fred's turn to be pissed off

It will be fine

I believe your Capital account regarding rumors at FedEx is bankrupt. I would, however, be interested in any FACTUAL information you have that would illuminate the discussion.
Smith is stepping down as president at the 1st of the month. They are reporting the switch to Bronczek is happening nearly a year early because the integration of TNT is going so well. It wouldn't be shocking if Smith retired soon after.

bacha29

Smith is stepping down as president at the 1st of the month. They are reporting the switch to Bronczek is happening nearly a year early because the integration of TNT is going so well. It wouldn't be shocking if Smith retired soon after.
Last year with Smith approaching the mandatory retirement age for board members the board oh so conveniently raised the age to 75 so Smith could stick around a few more years.

It will be fine

Last year with Smith approaching the mandatory retirement age for board members the board oh so conveniently raised the age to 75 so Smith could stick around a few more years.
He's still going to be chairman and CEO. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he passes along those duties in a year or so if all goes well with Bronczek.

bacha29

He's still going to be chairman and CEO. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he passes along those duties in a year or so if all goes well with Bronczek.
Which one is his son in law. Bronczek or Graff? He has like 10 kids to 2 different women. Would love to see it become the mother of all estate battles.

vantexan

Trickle Down Fail. All that will happen is that the rich get richer by hiding more money offshore. It was tried during the Regan/G HW Bush years and failed. That was also when Globalization was non existent. I hate to say this but if you think that trickle down will work in a world where I can communicate with China in real-time at near no cost.... your delusional. Trickle down had the best chance of working when we were more isolated from the world. It didn't then... it wont now.

To cite wikipedia (who cited the 2007 NYT
But why would the rich hide money offshore if they don't have to pay exorbitant taxes?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I believe your Capital account regarding rumors at FedEx is bankrupt. I would, however, be interested in any FACTUAL information you have that would illuminate the discussion.

Factually, there are new Boeing's going to the desert, possibly for tax reasons. Smith's status is up in the sir, but given what's happening with Trump, retirement is entirely possible.

Usually, Fred would just call up one of his politicians and make things happen. Maybe he needs to call Moscow now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But why would the rich hide money offshore if they don't have to pay exorbitant taxes?

Our "exorbitant" corporate taxes are around zero for most companies, a fact the GOP regularly distorts.

When you move to Mexico, will you proudly wear your Trump red hat? I'm thinking not.

vantexan

Our "exorbitant" corporate taxes are around zero for most companies, a fact the GOP regularly distorts.

When you move to Mexico, will you proudly wear your Trump red hat? I'm thinking not.
I'm curious, if corporate taxes truly are around 0, then why do they want them lowered, and why do you not want them lowered?

Star B

White Lightening
Oh, that's right, they'll just keep it all here. I bet they will keep it under their bed too. Their cash is safe from EVERYTHING under the bed.

I mean, if the Don has nothing to hide, where's his tax returns?

I'm curious, if corporate taxes truly are around 0, then why do they want them lowered, and why do you not want them lowered.
For the same reason NFL teams whine and bitch about stadiums and companies put communities against each other.... so they can keep more money in their pocket.

They'd rather not be forced to use Tax Loophole #314159 because accountants and loopholes are expensive.

vantexan

Oh, that's right, they'll just keep it all here. I bet they will keep it under their bed too. Their cash is safe from EVERYTHING under the bed.

And if Donald did anything illegal, why wasn't he charged by the IRS?

Star B

White Lightening
And if Donald did anything illegal, why wasn't he charged by the IRS?
just because something isn't illegal doesn't make it a really bad idea.

The guy put in the position of the figurehead of the USA should be one with the most scrutiny. I mean.... the fact that he's hiding something means that he's trying to shield something from his electorate to prevent them from rallying against him.

Our system was built on checks and balances. I, as a dem, want to do everything I can to make sure that he's not using his power for personal gain. I can't do that fairly without all the information.

vantexan

For the same reason NFL teams whine and bitch about stadiums and companies put communities against each other.... so they can keep more money in their pocket.

They'd rather not be forced to use Tax Loophole #314159 because accountants and loopholes are expensive.
Sad, just sad.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm curious, if corporate taxes truly are around 0, then why do they want them lowered, and why do you not want them lowered?

Dumb question. They don't need to be lowered unless they're oppressive, which they clearly are not since the effective rate is so low.

More GOP whining and bigger profits for the aristocracy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The guy put in the position of the figurehead of the USA should be one with the most scrutiny. I mean.... the fact that he's hiding something means that he's trying to shield something from his electorate to prevent them from rallying against him.

Trump is clearly dirty. Otherwise, he could shut everyone up immediately by releasing tax returns that indicated otherwise.

Conflicts of interest will probably do him in first. Good riddance.

vantexan

He may very well be. But why are y'all so hot to protect flag burners but can't afford him the same constitutional protections? There's no law that says he has to turn them over, and if he accomplishes his stated goals I for one don't care. There wasn't just a smoking gun that Hillary was breaking the law, but a smoking Howitzer. Yet y'all gladly looked the other way on that, and yet demand Trump reveal his tax returns when it's doubtful he did anything illegal. Oh the moral indignation of hypocrites!

vantexan

Dumb question. They don't need to be lowered unless they're oppressive, which they clearly are not since the effective rate is so low.

More GOP whining and bigger profits for the aristocracy.
Then why not lower them to 0 when you say they don't pay anything anyways? Or 15%? Why does it matter?

Star B

White Lightening
Sad, just sad.
Sad or the truth?

I don't have a real pension because of corporate greed. You might... but I don't.

He may very well be. But why are y'all so hot to protect flag burners but can't afford him the same constitutional protections? There's no law that says he has to turn them over, and if he accomplishes his stated goals I for one don't care. There wasn't just a smoking gun that Hillary was breaking the law, but a smoking Howitzer. Yet y'all gladly looked the other way on that, and yet demand Trump reveal his tax returns when it's doubtful he did anything illegal. Oh the moral indignation of hypocrites!
Why are you so hot to protect those who open carry and incite fear among citizens during the farmers markets when there is a 0% chance of a wild boar COMING RIGHT FOR US. If I had to bet, his smoking gun IS his tax returns. He's hiding them as long as he can so that he doesn't get impeached immediately. I mean, why such the secrecy.

Then why not lower them to 0 when you say they don't pay anything anyways? Or 15%? Why does it matter?
Well, if the companies don't pay taxes, then why should I? My house sits on the land just their warehouse does. Plow that drives by my house drives by theirs also.

vantexan

Sad or the truth?

I don't have a real pension because of corporate greed. You might... but I don't.

Why are you so hot to protect those who open carry and incite fear among citizens during the farmers markets when there is a 0% chance of a wild boar COMING RIGHT FOR US. If I had to bet, his smoking gun IS his tax returns. He's hiding them as long as he can so that he doesn't get impeached immediately. I mean, why such the secrecy.

Well, if the companies don't pay taxes, then why should I? My house sits on the land just their warehouse does. Plow that drives by my house drives by theirs also.
Well if there ever is a wild boar coming for you you'll appreciate that the next guy has a gun, LOL. Those companies are given breaks for a reason: jobs. Glad a poor guy is giving you a paycheck but most of us depend on some rich guy to do it. Do I like everything they do? Of course not. But the vast majority of them aren't hiding money under a mattress, they're investing in ideas they believe will make their money grow. That results in jobs, which we have a lot less of when the rich believe there's not much point if they have to give too much of it to the gov't.