Free Money Friday at our center today

upsgrunt

Evidently our hourly rate doesn't faze UPS too much because they don't have a problem paying us 1.5 times it, for as many OT hours as they can throw at us combined with the over 9.5 penalty pay.

Overpaid Union Thug

I told the Liberty mutual Safety lady the other day that excessive dispatches, especially in the summer heat and humidity is unsafe. She told me "if you don't like the job, you could look for a new one". I told her that "if you don't try to help the problem then you are part of the problem"!

The safety program at UPS is nothing but a joke. They pay drivers on the committee to give PCMs and ride around to spy on other drivers, but they cut routes at the same time to make their numbers look good. That makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Why aren't these drivers on the road delivering packages to provide better service and cut down on everybody's overtime?

My favorites are the safety guys that get to start early and monitor the preload with clipboards. Its just more OT for those guys. Has nothing to do with safety.

bham brown

Over the road truckers routinely work 60-70 hours in an 7-8 day period. That's the transportation industry. Its not just UPS. Most of the drivers at UPS are high school grad's making PhD money and many complain incessantly.

We are not OTR drivers. And if I could get 60-70 hours in a 7-8 day period I would be happy. Problem is we are getting right at 60 in a 5 day period. And most of the complaining you hear has to do with the excessive amount of overtime we are forced to work. I didn't sign on to get off work at 5 every day. But I dang sure didn't want to work til 10 every night either.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Over the road truckers routinely work 60-70 hours in an 7-8 day period. That's the transportation industry. Its not just UPS. Most of the drivers at UPS are high school grad's making PhD money and many complain incessantly.

We are not OTR drivers. And if I could get 60-70 hours in a 7-8 day period I would be happy. Problem is we are getting right at 60 in a 5 day period. And most of the complaining you hear has to do with the excessive amount of overtime we are forced to work. I didn't sign on to get off work at 5 every day. But I dang sure didn't want to work til 10 every night either.

Your missing the forest because of the tree's. 60/70 in a 7 to 8 day work period is DOT regulations. You don't know how lucky you are to have a MAXIMUM restriction in your work week. Most workers don't.

The way corporate America and business interest in this country have destroyed full-time jobs and replaced them with part-time no benefits, no OT hours, no weekends off, you should kiss the ground at your barn everyday for the OT, your guaranteed weekends off, DOT regulations, and benefits you get. Take a good look around at some of your customers, the businesses you vist, the people in your area. there jobs. More than half the working population works multiple part-time jobs, 2,3, 4 for seven days a week with no OT or benefits.

Think about that when you whine and complain from your "deep south" right to work (for less) states.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I got my check too, although it wasn't as good as yours. Our Business Agent was in the building and one of our Stewards handed them out. I noticed the DM and District Operations Manager have been hanging around the building a lot lately. Our Center Manager and Supervisors did not say a single word about any of this. Some of our guys got some pretty decent checks since they delayed paying penalties for a few months. I did show mine to a few guys who are too scared to stand up for themselves......

scratch..you are the frickin' man..Im sure when the DM and his ops mgr were walking around and noticed you, they probably said..." we better get out of here, I think scratch just saw us and he's walking this way!" Keep getting on with your bad self!!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was in the office on fri morning and the driver sup said i didnt mean to put so many stops on you(171). I told him its all good and it is what it is. Needless to say i punched them right in the nutts til 930 lol. 13 hours ot dis week. i told alot of drivers to sign the 9.5 list when they put it up next time. Pbly be beginning of next year i guess. I told them if they wanted an extra paycheck once a month to sign it. How often do they put it up anyway? Not really sure to be honest.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
last week was the first week since May that I didn't work excessive OT. Some of the guys in neighboring routes that arent on the List were pretty hacked at getting stops from my route. I tried my best to educate them,lead them to water and make them think

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was in the office on fri morning and the driver sup said i didnt mean to put so many stops on you(171). I told him its all good and it is what it is. Needless to say i punched them right in the nutts til 930 lol. 13 hours ot dis week. i told alot of drivers to sign the 9.5 list when they put it up next time. Pbly be beginning of next year i guess. I told them if they wanted an extra paycheck once a month to sign it. How often do they put it up anyway? Not really sure to be honest.
In my region the driver puts himself on the list every five months if he /she wishes to Opt In

Notretiredyet

We can request to be included on the 9.5 list anytime except Nov & Dec. Been filing them for almost 2yrs, and have been agreeing to give them an opportunity to fix the problem with the understanding if it continued that penalty would be paid on all of them. Had a state panel hearing last month and the day before they decided just to pay me, when they do I'm planning on donating it to my favorite local United Way charity. Wonder if they'll match it?

Overpaid Union Thug

last week was the first week since May that I didn't work excessive OT. Some of the guys in neighboring routes that arent on the List were pretty hacked at getting stops from my route. I tried my best to educate them,lead them to water and make them think

Not even half our drivers are on the list. And a couple that are don't even file even though they are working over 9.5 every night. I keep thinking I might step on multiple sets of discarded testicles every time I walk through the employee parking lot every morning and night.