FXG used bread trucks FORD column shifter loose

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
OK, so i don't have my bid route or my GMC box truck anymore...

i'm noticing a good amount of used Ford bread trucks at the new terminal with these loose column shifters

18556MVC-928S.JPG

apparently, FORD was too cheap to get blue thread locker before assembling those 2 bolts with T30 heads... what a PITA when i was driving it on Friday~Sunday.

Since I was staying with the same vehicle for that weekend, i went straight home to do the friggin' fix myself.

WHY? because these BCs in the new building are more dis-organized than the other one. plus, i still have contact with the other FedEx mechanics, but are too far away for me to drive down there to fix it.

The other common problem i've seen with those bread trucks besides those two loose bolts are the plastic bushings on the shifter handle itself: they get worn over time as well

uN6oh5O.jpg

i'm gonna let the mechanics touch that one if i come across one of those crappy trucks

none of them have backup cameras too, come on subcontractors! equip them since backup accidents have higher limits on your insurance deductable now, yas?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
OK, so i don't have my bid route or my GMC box truck anymore...

i'm noticing a good amount of used Ford bread trucks at the new terminal with these loose column shifters

18556MVC-928S.JPG

apparently, FORD was too cheap to get blue thread locker before assembling those 2 bolts with T30 heads... what a PITA when i was driving it on Friday~Sunday.

Since I was staying with the same vehicle for that weekend, i went straight home to do the friggin' fix myself.

WHY? because these BCs in the new building are more dis-organized than the other one. plus, i still have contact with the other FedEx mechanics, but are too far away for me to drive down there to fix it.

The other common problem i've seen with those bread trucks besides those two loose bolts are the plastic bushings on the shifter handle itself: they get worn over time as well

uN6oh5O.jpg

i'm gonna let the mechanics touch that one if i come across one of those crappy trucks

none of them have backup cameras too, come on subcontractors! equip them since backup accidents have higher limits on your insurance deductable now, yas?
GOAL

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, I get out and look when in doubt.

But, you're now competing with Amazon DSPs and crap like driving under maintained fleet is one of the straws that will break a camel's back

I am already seeing some drivers up here setting up to fail service on the daily & this is OFF peak... most are looking at the big picture and is leaving themselves and out once the background checks are done at their new prospective employers.

The replacement driver at my old route already quit since he saw that he wasn't getting fair compensation for driving 200 miles/ day.

I'm averaging under 100 miles in suburban areas right now and getting done way sooner than I thought. Less unsecured dogs as well so my 4lb box of Wal-Mart biscuits is probably gonna last 4 months or more