Gap Reports

What's with obsession with gap reports as long as you don't have lates regularly? I'm constantly getting my chops busted even when I'm at high 90s percent.

Last edited:

Schweddy

Balls
Mind games cheesehead.. they worship the almighty percent # but don't give a rip if one percent is a couple minutes or 10+ minutes. Figure up how many minutes you are actually short and go from there.

There could be a couple reasons we don't see reports... either doing something right, cheating, lazy management, other?

SmithBarney

What's with obsession with gap reports as long as you don't have lates regularly? I'm constantly getting my chops busted even when I'm at high 90s percent.

GAP report is simple to understand, especially if its on the computer(not printed)
sit with your manager, and have him/her open it.
If it says your "GAP" was excessive at 8 minutes between stop 2-3
then you can click on the stops, and it will bring up BING maps.. and show you the route and time.
if bing says 8 minutes you are fine...
Now if bing says it should have taken you 2 minutes to get to the next stop, then you should be ready with your explanation..(had 50boxes to offload, etc..)

the GAP tool is pretty useful, and pretty much the best tool we have to gauge performance, because you can't fool it.

Now as for GAP reports being put in boxes daily, that's just a manager being told what to do, if they want answers they need to sit with the driver at the computer and discuss.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Guess I spoke too soon. Found a gap report waiting for me in my truck this morning. Lol. Looks like I dropped under 100% yesterday, for the first time in a long time (not on a Monday).