Gas up again!

P

pickup

PeachyUps? GeorgiaOnMyMind? ImWithHim? WhyOhWhyOhWhy? HotlantaHoaxiness?

Oh, and btw, Gas is $2.63gal reg unleaded, lowest price everywhere around here.

IGOTHOAXED or HOAXED. (implying that what she signed up for when saying "I Do" was grossly misrepresented.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
$2.39 per gallon here for E85 flex fuel....plus the $.50 per gallon Oregon tax credit...means I am only paying $1.89 a gallon to fuel my minivan.:happy-very:

$2.69 per gallon here at the pump for B99 biodiesel....plus the $.50 per gallon Oregon tax credit...means I am only paying $2.19 a gallon to fuel my VW Jetta TDI that gets 42MPG. And my exhaust smells like French fries.:happy-very:

Plus, almost all of the money I spend on fuel stays here in Oregon, supporting local farmers and refineries.

My van is using waste biomass from local blueberry farms for 85% of its fuel (E85 is 15% gasoline and 85% ethanol) My Jetta is using a mix of recycled cooking oil from a local potato-chip factory and locally grown canola and soybean oil for fuel.

High fuel prices? At 42 MPG I could care less!

M

Mike23

Around .89 cents a liter in Alberta. It's weird because we supply you guys in the US with TONS of oil but don't keep any for ourselves.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
$2.59gal-$2.74gal here, depending on where you shop. It surprises me that people are willing to pay .15 cents more for gas in these times. Why not shop around?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$2.59gal-$2.74gal here, depending on where you shop. It surprises me that people are willing to pay .15 cents more for gas in these times. Why not shop around?

My Colorado holds 18-20 gallons when completely dry.

20 gallons @ $.15/gal is $3

My time is worth more than the $3 savings; however, I will shop around if I am running other errrands.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My Colorado holds 18-20 gallons when completely dry.

20 gallons @ $.15/gal is $3

My time is worth more than the $3 savings; however, I will shop around if I am running other errrands.
What's that come to yearly? Sounds like you'd be saving some lunch money. I'll just smile and wave as I pass the gas station on my 2 wheeler.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Please stay in the bike lane.:happy2:
Whenever possible. You do know that there aren't bike lanes on every road. On these roads I ride as close to the white line as possible. Don't forget that bicycles are slower moving vehicles and should be approached/passed with caution. Allow a minimum of 3 feet when passing. And remember, when you're driving in your aid conditioned comfort and talking on that cell phone, that the bump you just hit could have been a cyclist.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever possible. You do know that there aren't bike lanes on every road. On these roads I ride as close to the white line as possible. Don't forget that bicycles are slower moving vehicles and should be approached/passed with caution. Allow a minimum of 3 feet when passing. And remember, when you're driving in your aid conditioned comfort and talking on that cell phone, that the bump you just hit could have been a cyclist.

Relax--I was just having a little fun.:wink2:

You would be amazed at the number of cyclists here who insist upon riding in the road when there is a dedicated bike path which runs along the side of the road.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Steve....I won't hit a biker, I promise, but I sure could cuss them out.

This morning, coming out of the grocery store, there are 2 stop signs in a row to get to the main street. This biker, riding in the lane like a car (no bike lane) just blows both signs. Because he's on a bike he thinks he doesn't have to obey the rules of the road he is riding on. Dummy !!:dissapointed:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Relax--I was just having a little fun.:wink2:

You would be amazed at the number of cyclists here who insist upon riding in the road when there is a dedicated bike path which runs along the side of the road.
Not giving these people excuses, but you'd be surprised at how much debris piles up in the bike lane and how infrequently it gets cleaned. Just yell at them, Upstate. Tell em STUG says to get there butts back in that lane.:wink2:

Steve....I won't hit a biker, I promise, but I sure could cuss them out.

This morning, coming out of the grocery store, there are 2 stop signs in a row to get to the main street. This biker, riding in the lane like a car (no bike lane) just blows both signs. Because he's on a bike he thinks he doesn't have to obey the rules of the road he is riding on. Dummy !!:dissapointed:
I feel the same way, more. I'd cuss them out as well as the ones that ride the wrong way in the bike lane.:biting: