Gas up again!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There was a story here about a bicyclist flipping off a driver (second time this has happened this week) and the driver running the bicyclist off the road. This is something I just would not do,aggravate a driver in a SUV. remember he can chase you off road too!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There was a story here about a bicyclist flipping off a driver (second time this has happened this week) and the driver running the bicyclist off the road. This is something I just would not do,aggravate a driver in a SUV. remember he can chase you off road too!
I only flip drivers off in my mind.:wink2:

10damon

i think i have all of you beat! filled up at the mobil right off 24N for the (apparently)
super value price of 2.599! the one in bridgewater on the way to boston. massachusetts screws us in other ways though. some of our taxes just went up 1.5%

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
$2.61gal reg here today. The price has jumped up and down between $2.49 and $2.75 over the past couple of weeks. Come on guys, pick a price and stick with it already. Oh, and needed to mention this one tidbit in case some people didn't know. If you go to a gas station that has a cash and credit price difference, here's a trick. If you pay with a debit card and select the pay with debit card function, you'll pay the cash price. Reposted because I thought people could use the info.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$2.61gal reg here today. The price has jumped up and down between $2.49 and $2.75 over the past couple of weeks. Come on guys, pick a price and stick with it already. Oh, and needed to mention this one tidbit in case some people didn't know. If you go to a gas station that has a cash and credit price difference, here's a trick. If you pay with a debit card and select the pay with debit card function, you'll pay the cash price. Reposted because I thought people could use the info.

This works best when you do not pay at the pump. If you do choose to pay at the pump with a debit card they will put an authorization on your account of somewhere between $50 and $100 which will not be removed until they process your payment, which can take several days.

The cash price is usually only a few pennies less than the credit price so even if you buy 20 gallons you are saving less than $1.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This works best when you do not pay at the pump. If you do choose to pay at the pump with a debit card they will put an authorization on your account of somewhere between $50 and $100 which will not be removed until they process your payment, which can take several days.

The cash price is usually only a few pennies less than the credit price so even if you buy 20 gallons you are saving less than $1.
I'm not positive but I think the hold you're referring to is if you choose the credit selection. I've never had a hold put on my debit, though I used to have one when selecting credit. As far as saving less than $1, that's fine with me. Every little bit helps, because I'm not one of you rich guys.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here too. Doesn't make sense. We didn't have enough. Now were filling the ocean with it an the price is going down??????
Oil reserves are actually pretty high right now, and the economic woes in Europe are also helping to push prices down.

tourists24

Geez,,, this scared the crap outta me... when I first saw the thread title I went to page 1 without looking at the date.... was just wondering when the gas lines were gonna start here too

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Usually the oil companies are gouging us this time of the year because people drive more going on vacation. These low prices are the only good thing I see coming from the oil spill. I saw $2.48 today, I think its going to go even lower.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
100_6498.jpg