Gas up again!

evilleace

Gas here jumped $.20 today to $4.19 a gallon, that is $.15 higher than 2008 when it topped out at $4.05. Might be walking if this keeps up.

klein

Für Meno :)
Gas here jumped $.20 today to $4.19 a gallon, that is $.15 higher than 2008 when it topped out at $4.05. Might be walking if this keeps up.

I would be more then happy to only pay $4.19 a gallon.
In oil rich Alberta it's $4.46 hard Canadian currency !

= US$4.66

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have stayed home the last three days, I was surprised it was $3.99 today at a local station. It was twenty cents cheaper the last time I bought some, I thought the price was supposed to be dropping. I'm thankful I don't live in Canada.

klein

I have stayed home the last three days, I was surprised it was $3.99 today at a local station. It was twenty cents cheaper the last time I bought some, I thought the price was supposed to be dropping. I'm thankful I don't live in Canada.

It works out both ways.
I might pay an extra 50 cents a gallon, but didn't have a penny to pay at the doctors office today !
That even beats UPS USA insurance !
Not even the $25 you pay... I paid zip, zero !
And don't even need a job !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Dude, get a bike!

Wouldn't you prefer to put in 10 gallons instead of only 6?

I am going to show my age here but I can recall buying gas for less than $1/gallon.
I remember this, as well. Oh, and I think your age is shown in MOST of your posts, just sayin...

Geez, enough already !!! Same old song!!
Oh Canada! You can't call him a broken record anymore. Maybe his computer has a virus?

P

pickup

Geez, enough already !!! Same old song!!

Indeed, it reminds me of that tom hanks film about a band that rides one song up the charts. I believe the band that repeatedely played the one song was called "the Wonders". Klein's same old song is performed repeatedly by the musical group, "the Deadbeats" of which he is the founder and lead singer.

klein

36 Billion for the big 5 oil companies in this first quarter profits alone (Shell, BP, Conoco, Exxon, Chevron).

Aweome , eh ? :(

Oh, and republicans in the US fight to continue subsidizing them !

Want a link : globalnews.ca

moreluck

golden ticket member
36 Billion for the big 5 oil companies in this first quarter profits alone (Shell, BP, Conoco, Exxon, Chevron).

Aweome , eh ? :(

Oh, and republicans in the US fight to continue subsidizing them !

Want a link : globalnews.ca

API (Amer. Petroleum Institute) says its members earn about 8.3 cents per dollar invested, compared to 18.4 cents for pharmaceutical manufacturers and 19.1 cents for beverage and tobacco producers.

There is just so much money, but the actual percent of profit is actually quite modest compared to other businesses.
The oil companies deserve to make a modest percent profit.....businesses have to make profit......although the gov't hasn't figured that out yet.....ie: USPS and GM