Get your ice before you clock in

qdg2

I’ve never had a problem with any of these things at work because I’m a reasonable person. I’ve had a few management people who are not reasonable they don’t last long either.
The problem begins with deliberate acts of employees to "make as money as I can from UPS"......
Everything that has to do with my day is done on the clock. Ice, water, conversations with supes...I don't even check the computer until UPS is paying me....I sort the whole truck right before I punch out for lunch. Used to take a dump before i left the house but now I purposely time my bowel movements to take place right after my airs are done. Their job is to take advantage of you. My job is to take as much money as I can from big brown.
And how do you time study such "things".......you know they would try.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you’ve been gone for a little while and may not realize just how bad the Preload is and misloads have become. I had seven Friday. and that was a reasonably good day Back in the old days that Preloader would’ve been 1 foot out the door The next day.
4 years as of 7/1; however, I did come back this past Peak to train new drivers and got a first hand look at the preload. I would take the newbies up to the unload, show them how the PAL works and then walked them one by one through a PC that was being loaded. This center may have been the exception but for the most part the loads were very good. I did notice that they have gotten away from using the floor whenever possible.

Thebrownblob

The problem begins with deliberate acts of employees to "make as money as I can from UPS"......

And how do you time study such "things".......you know they would try.
I Think deliberate acts on both sides are an issue. Just got done with an investigation with LP because of someone in management changing time card codes, big no no paid the price. I gave a warning…

qdg2

Well I don’t know about him but where we are it is required to sort your truck before 3 o’clock and send in miss loads
and
Actually we are told to touch every package and look at every label not the pal label, If you do not do that and you find a business after three it’s on you, if I’m touching every package why would I not just set it up. Doesn’t really take any more time
don't recall being told this before.

Moving pkgs into the delivery area or even towards the rear if dock delivery was standard.

Reloading your truck everyday certainly wasn't in the methods. Just about any misload I had was a resi.

I may or may not have delivered misloads as instructed(their call). Example: I never carried a map on car and there wasn't cell phones then....I was on my route 14 years and knew it cold. Anything else was a crap shoot(for mgt.)(time expended).

qdg2

I Think deliberate acts on both sides are an issue. Just got done with an investigation with LP because of someone in management changing time card codes, big no no paid the price. I gave a warning…
What does this mean? like..."stop changing my timecard"......or "who is changing my timecard?"

I notice changes to my "events" in my feeder IVIS. Mainly on property.I don't know why.....and yes I should ask as I certify it. This doesn't happen very often.....but now and then things like "delay" and "central sort" aren't crystal clear in their application.

BTW, did this code changing cost you money? Or was it done to make the mgt team look better or you worse?

Thebrownblob

What does this mean? like..."stop changing my timecard"......or "who is changing my timecard?"

I notice changes to my "events" in my feeder IVIS. Mainly on property.I don't know why.....and yes I should ask as I certify it. This doesn't happen very often.....but now and then things like "delay" and "central sort" aren't crystal clear in their application.

BTW, did this code changing cost you money? Or was it done to make the mgt team look better or you worse?
Lots of 05 were being given without the employees approval and no one knew who was doing it, when it came to my attention I made sure those people‘s time cards were corrected. The warning was whoever’s doing it better knock it off. They would not dare change mine lol.

qdg2

Lots of 05 were being given without the employees approval and no one knew who was doing it, when it came to my attention I made sure those people‘s time cards were corrected. The warning was whoever’s doing it better knock it off. They would not dare change mine lol.
O5? Thanks

Thebrownblob

So, was the practice changed?

If you worked 8 no worry...right? Less.....the implication being 6.5 go home with out intervention from employee or mgt?

You saying, 6,5 is fine....but you are going to pay me for 8?
When you put to work the company Owes you eight. They dispatch the loads. Some guys can take “10 hours” of work out and do it in seven. I’m not one of those but they are owed 8. Or give the dummies more work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My question has always been "What makes them do so?"(BTW, I know why).

Why not fix the causes.....? Or perhaps realize our company and methods are not perfect nor is the universe we have to work in....
Pressure from upper management is what causes otherwise respectable individuals to "bend the rules".