Ground Packages to Express

bacha29

Good grief. All you have are ridiculous far-fetched hypothetical scenarios of "If this happens, if that happens, if something else happens, etc." Why don't you talk to him about the actual issues he deals with as a multi-route owner?

Oh wait...
Your previous post reaffirms what I've been saying. Fedex can do whatever it wants and use whatever means it chooses to transport that box which in turn makes that agreement a contractor signs completely and utterly worthless . And because nothing is binding upon X that so called contract will invariably contain nothing but new demands being slapped down in front of the contractor .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I remember it mentioned in the other thread, but cannot remember the WHY: Why was Express possibly going to haul some packages for Ground?

Seems like it would be more expensive to do without a very good reason to do such. Are Ground drivers having problems getting packages delivered? They aren't in my area.

If Ground's volume exceeds its capacity, ala some Ground terminals this past peak when Express jumped in to help.

Maui

I remember it mentioned in the other thread, but cannot remember the WHY: Why was Express possibly going to haul some packages for Ground?

Seems like it would be more expensive to do without a very good reason to do such. Are Ground drivers having problems getting packages delivered? They aren't in my area.
In some areas, yes. Just like at peak. There were markets that struggled.

Do not be surprised if some volume from FXG is shifted to Express in problematic markets. It isn’t ideal because it raises cost, but there are overwhelmed contractors and markets that need help.

This will probably happen on a limited basis, but also provide a roadmap to flex both networks while MBG is suspended.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Your previous post reaffirms what I've been saying. Fedex can do whatever it wants and use whatever means it chooses to transport that box which in turn makes that agreement a contractor signs completely and utterly worthless . And because nothing is binding upon X that so called contract will invariably contain nothing but new demands being slapped down in front of the contractor .

If you say so. Wanna toss in a comment about a supply of cheap labor while you're at it?

vantexan

Highly unlikely FedEx would do anything that would cost them more on a consistent basis.

MAKAVELI

From the FedEx shipping guide:

14.1 FedEx reserves the right to route the Shipment in any way it deems appropriate. There are no transit places, which are agreed upon at the time of tender of the Shipment. FedEx assumes no obligation to reroute any Shipment to a third country or carry the Shipment by any specified aircraft or over any particular route or to make connection at any point according to any schedules. FedEx may, without notice, substitute alternate carrier or aircraft, deviate from the route or routes, or cause the Shipment to be transported by motor vehicle. The Sender agrees to FedEx's right to divert any Shipment (including use of other carriers) in order to facilitate its delivery.

Doesn't matter which opco you choose as long as the service commitment is met for the agreed upon price.
Damn, even a broken clock is right twice a day.:happy2:

bbsam

Staff member
Makaveli made a great post where he mentioned that Ground packages could theoretically go over to Express under the new combined opcos scenario. I asked if this meant that Fedex would be "stealing" packages that legally belong to the Ground contractor because said contractor owns the routes.

Nobody answered.

I'm no longer at FedEx, so I don't know if this is happening yet, or if it's in the planning stages. So, maybe a Ground contractor can answer me. What happens when the Ground package for 1234 Main Street is shifted over to Express? Isn't that legally a package that "belongs" to the contractor, and doesn't the contractor control the destiny of that package? I wouldn't want my revenue stream diverted to Express.
No. IWBF and I disagree, but the new contract spells out that possibility.

CatMan

I thought express packages were going to ground. I never delivered a ground package at express
Express packages are going to Ground eventually. Haven't you seen FRONTLINE? It's called" the last mile"..We'll pup the package and the URSA will route it to ground for delivery! coming soon to a hub near you! The new LEO scanners will be able to crisscross networks! Supposedly.

CatMan

Express will keep The Fo, P1, business SOS and everything else that is DSR , ISR, ASR or COD...all the other non time sensitive stuff will go to the Ground grunts (with their low ball wages) for the final mile delivery. Why pay someone 30 bucks an hr to do 5 deliveries and profit 20 bucks? Do the math. It makes perfect sense. ..My hours will be slashed but I'm not worried about it.

cosis

Express packages are going to Ground eventually. Haven't you seen FRONTLINE? It's called" the last mile"..We'll pup the package and the URSA will route it to ground for delivery! coming soon to a hub near you! The new LEO scanners will be able to crisscross networks! Supposedly.

Our station isn't getting the new scanners until late in the year we been told

cosis

Express will keep The Fo, P1, business SOS and everything else that is DSR , ISR, ASR or COD...all the other non time sensitive stuff will go to the Ground grunts (with their low ball wages) for the final mile delivery. Why pay someone 30 bucks an hr to do 5 deliveries and profit 20 bucks? Do the math. It makes perfect sense. ..My hours will be slashed but I'm not worried about it.

after my last SOS and pickups I clock out at 4:30 most day's - my route is business heavy

It will be fine

If the profit is 20 bucks why wouldn’t you do it? I don’t profit $20/hr off my drivers.

MAKAVELI

SOS resi and IE resi go to ground under the plan.