Ground Packages to Express

CatMan

after my last SOS and pickups I clock out at 4:30 most day's - my route is business heavy
Well if your station is DRA, and the apex is loosing stops , you'll shift up and your route will likely look much different. But don't worry , Fedex has a way of wasting money. All you need to do is volunteer for some errands. Like when someone took out a package that's not his and needs help. You should be able to manufacture hours.

cosis

Well if your station is DRA, and the apex is loosing stops , you'll shift up and your route will likely look much different. But don't worry , Fedex has a way of wasting money. All you need to do is volunteer for some errands. Like when someone took out a package that's not his and needs help. You should be able to manufacture hours.

no DRA at our sation... haha I been doing nothing for 2 hours a day and not a peep

CatMan

That may happen at other stations but this one is pretty backward
Yeah , sometimes when we get Late Frieght , they make us take 30 min of our lunch while we wait.Even though it's not even 9AM..The good part is we normally get to straight line our deliveries.

cosis

Yeah , sometimes when we get Late Frieght , they make us take 30 min of our lunch while we wait.Even though it's not even 9AM..The good part is we normally get to straight line our deliveries.
sounds familiar, maybe we work at the same place

CatMan

If the profit is 20 bucks why wouldn’t you do it? I don’t profit $20/hr off my drivers.
Let me rephrase that. If a Express courier making OVER 30 bucks an hour does 1 delivery that takes him 15 minutes and the ground guy is delivering to that same house. Do you consider that a profitable business model?

MAKAVELI

Let me rephrase that. If a Express courier making OVER 30 bucks an hour does 1 delivery that takes him 15 minutes and the ground guy is delivering to that same house. Do you consider that a profitable business model?
That was their choice to separate the two from the beginning. UPS del both air and ground out of the same truck for $37 an hour.

It will be fine

I don’t have anywhere near enough data. Diverting the package to Ground would likely be more profitable but it’s impossible for me to say if Express keeping it would be profitable. I imagine it is though.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Of course you're not going to worry about it because there ain't an expletive deleted thing you can do about it. The only thing you can do is HOPE that Fat Freddy will think about you and your interests when charting his company's forward path.

Good luck with that.

:lol::lol::lol:

Zinger for you IWBF!