Gun Control Texas Style

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A TRUE STORY FROM... "THE HOUSTON HERALD" HOUSTON, TEXAS

~ Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston, Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse. ~

The following Monday morning, the woman was called in front of the arraignment Judge, sworn-in, and asked to explain her actions.
The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15 minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a waitress at a local cafe. I was there alone, so I had my right hand on my pistol in my purse hanging on my left shoulder. All of a sudden I was spun around hard to my left. As I caught my balance, I saw a man running away with my purse. I looked down at my right hand and saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my pistol. The next thing I remember is saying out loud, "No Way Punk! You're not stealing my pay check and tips." I raised my right hand, pointed my pistol at the man running away from me with my purse, and squeezed the trigger of my pistol 6 times!

When asked by the arraignment judge, "Why did you shoot the man 6 times?

The woman replied under oath, "Because, when I pulled the trigger the 7th time, it only went click."

The woman was acquitted of all charges. She was back at work the next day!
That's Gun Control Texas Style

OK, ya'll have fun

klein

Für Meno :)
Here she would be charged for atleast 2nd degree murder, - I don't think she would get lucky enough to only get 3rd degree or manslaughter.

Plus ofcourse charges for an illegal weapon, weapon in public, carrying an illegal weapon, etc.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here she would be charged for atleast 2nd degree murder, - I don't think she would get lucky enough to only get 3rd degree or manslaughter.

Plus of course charges for an illegal weapon, weapon in public, carrying an illegal weapon, etc.

My! That certainly puts a chink in the assertion that Canada is perfect.

rod

Retired 22 years
That "true story" is just another reason to not believe everything you see posted. I've seen that same story told a dozen different ways. Makes for good humor though.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Ministers start preachin' 'guns in church' message

Pastor James Brown Jr. of the Covenant Baptist Church in Barnesville, Ga., wants his state legislature to pass a bill that permits churchgoers to carry firearms to worship at his church. Joining him in the effort is Pastor Joe Morecraft of Chalcedon Presbyterian Church in Cumming, Ga.
And the campaign is just getting started.
The bill, HB 54, was introduced in late January by Republican state Rep. Bobby Franklin, who serves the state's 43rd district.
If passed, it will repeal a section of a law prohibiting individuals from carrying guns in a church setting. Currently, the state's "Common Sense Lawful Carry Act" (SB 308) prohibits guns in government buildings, courthouses, prisons, schools, nuclear facilities, mental health institutions and places of worship.

bbsam

Staff member
Now what happens if law abiding citizens open fire on the abusive police officers? Now it gets interesting.

Now what happens if law abiding citizens open fire on the abusive police officers? Now it gets interesting.
It is against the law (probably everywhere) to interfere with an officer arresting a suspect, that kinda takes away from your "law abiding citizen theory. A law abiding citizen video tapes the incident and puts it on you tube so people can speculate as to why this happened.

bbsam

Staff member
It was against the law for the lady in the story to shoot the man six times in the back, but she was acquitted. Who is to say shooting an abusive cop wouldn't be acquitted?

tourists24

It was against the law for the lady in the story to shoot the man six times in the back, but she was acquitted. Who is to say shooting an abusive cop wouldn't be acquitted?
are you upset the s.o.b got shot or something? she was acquitted, she must have done nothing wrong hehe. I bet he will never theft again

It's a freakin JOKE post sam.....use your head for something other than keep your ears apart. jeeez
As Rod pointed out, that story has been attributed to several different areas of the country.

Now to seriously answer your question of a person shooting at a cop while arresting someone getting acquitted. It could happen, but not likely. Actually they probably wouldn't live long enough to be arrested.
The woman in the JOKE wasn't acquitted, the arraigning judge evidently felt that it was justifiable homicide.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Plus ofcourse charges for an illegal weapon, weapon in public, carrying an illegal weapon, etc.
Damn I hate having to change my post.

brett636

I'm sure purse snatchers everywhere are rejoicing that in Canada they have a right to steal the hard work of others.

But, It was a story about Texas. Not how things are worse, or as always with you,better in Canada. You`re such an easy fish to hook.