Gun Control Texas Style

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Here's the question that comes to my mind. Let's say the situation comes up where you believe you have to fire the weapon and potentially kill someone. Are you 100% sure you can do it and face whatever consequences follow? I ask this because I know that police officers in the line of duty have problems with this scenario. How much more excruciating is it for a civilian?

The only circumstances under which I would fire my weapon at another person would be if my life or the life of a loved one was in imminent danger. At that point, any consequences I might have to deal with after the fact would be preferable to being dead or having to attend the funeral of the loved one whom I was unable to protect.

Being armed does not change my behavior and it will not affect my thought process as far as how to avoid or escape from a life-threatening situation. My gun is a final option that will only be employed as an absolute last resort when all other means of resolving the situation have been exhausted. The gun is only a small part of an overall plan for personal security that begins with good decision making, situational awareness, detachement from ego, and the wisdom to recognize and avoid or remove oneself from potentially hostile situations before they become violent.

I am grateful for the fact that in almost 14 years of having a permit I have never even had to draw my gun, much less point it at anybody. And my goal is to keep it that way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you think that shooter in Norway could've shot for an hour and a half if someone else was packing a weapon ?????????????

tourists24

I dont think the shooting story is for real... They have pretty strict guidelines for gun ownership, therefore there "is" no gun crimes allowed

soberups

Do you think that shooter in Norway could've shot for an hour and a half if someone else was packing a weapon ?????????????

No, and apparently the strict gun control laws in Norway didnt prevent this whacko from getting a weapon and turning on a bunch of law-abiding, unarmed victims. That inconvenient little bit of reality wont stop the gun banners here from continuing to whine and cry for even more useless laws.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
They said that the killer will face a maximum sentence of 21 years in prision if convicted. WTF??? He kills almost 100 and will only face 21 years?

soberups

If he was in the US, he might not survive the perp walk.

If he was in the US, he wouldnt have been able to take out 80 people before voluntarily surrendering. Somebody with a gun would have shot the bastard, or at the very least a SWAT team would have gotten to the scene a lot faster. Norway is a far more peaceful and orderly society than the USA, but that also means that what passes for a "SWAT" team there takes far longer to respond effectively than its American counterpart would have.

soberups

he shot for an hour and a half straight? I call bs!

Its true. It was an hour and a half before an effective police response could be organized, and from what I read there were issues with locating boats and helicopters to get them to the island. Norwegian police are not always armed and most local police agencies there do not even have SWAT teams.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok. That was a set up. How much better were we at saving people at columbine or with the random serial killings of john mohommad out in Washington dc?

moreluck

golden ticket member
............"he feels that what he has done does not deserve punishment,............"

Gee, I wonder what he thinks DOES deserve punishment. Sounds like the start of his insanity plea.

Norway is a far more peaceful and orderly society than the USA, but that also means that what passes for a "SWAT" team there takes far longer to respond effectively than its American counterpart would have.

Wasn`t there some guys on here who swore that was the way the U.S. should go? Can`t remember their names but they sure thought they had all the answers. You would think they would be chiming up about now with some excuses.

bbsam

Staff member
No excuses. Simply this: if Norway adds up all the gun violence in the united states over the last year and then weighs it against this instance, do you think they will desire" gun control Texas style"?

moreluck

golden ticket member
No excuses. Simply this: if Norway adds up all the gun violence in the united states over the last year and then weighs it against this instance, do you think they will desire" gun control Texas style"?

It's Norway, what the hell do I care what they want ?? .......it's not my country!