Gun Control Texas Style

tourists24

and i'm ok with that. The perp. Didn't pull the trigger on you. Maybe you didn't give him cause to do so.
had he wanted to he could have. In this particular case he didnt. I didnt like being at his mercy. I had no recourse. Maybe you are ok with this but I was not and have learned from it and will never be again if I can help it. I am perfectly ok if I had it to do over again and one of us being gone. I hope I would get him though

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Nope. Whatever the perp says, probably and live to see another day. And when he kills both you and me, we will both be listed as victims and the pundits will wonder why each of us took the course of action we chose. Or if we live and the perp runs away but you shoot him in the back and kill him, he gets to be the victim an you get to look at 15 to 20 years. But hey, you showed him.

(A) I would not shoot anyone in the back...or any other body part for that matter...if they were no longer a threat to me or anyone else.

(B) If by some remote chance it is a situation involving a lunatic gunman who is armed and killing people...and by chance I do have an open shot at his back....I pray that I would have the courage and skill to take that shot. A man with a gun who is in the act of committing a violent felony can and should be shot in the back or front or side or whatever you have to aim at as many times as possible until he is no longer a threat to others. And that isnt a "fantasy"...its my worst nightmare.

(C) I have thought long and hard about the circumstances under which I would draw and use my gun. If a guy pulls a knife on me and demands my wallet...I will probably choose to give it to him rather than escalate the situation over a petty amount of cash. I dont ever want to kill anyone...but since I am the one whose life is going to be in jeapordy, it should be my choice and not some anti-gun politicians whether or not to use lethal force to protect myself.

Nope. Whatever the perp says, probably and live to see another day.

Have you really considered what some perp might do to you or your loved ones? He probably won`t say pretty please either. Pretend your tied to a chair and get to listen or even watch, if it isn`t being done to you of course. But hey, your the more civilized man who chose not to have a gun and I`m sure that thought will comfort you afterwards. Hopefully it will comfort your loved ones too because they`ll know you asked them very sternly not to do what they did.
The choice between the trauma of above or the trauma of filling the perp with a clip full of 9mm bullets is an easy choice for me.

bbsam

Staff member
Have you really considered what some perp might do to you or your loved ones? He probably won`t say pretty please either. Pretend your tied to a chair and get to listen or even watch, if it isn`t being done to you of course. But hey, your the more civilized man who chose not to have a gun and I`m sure that thought will comfort you afterwards. Hopefully it will comfort your loved ones too because they`ll know you asked them very sternly not to do what they did.
The choice between the trauma of above or the trauma of filling the perp with a clip full of 9mm bullets is an easy choice for me.
It is a choice I am comfortable with and others around here seem to respect the choice. But you seem intent on mocking that choice. Why is that? Why do you think everyone must see things as you do? I'm not on a crusade. I don't want to take your guns. I just think they give a lot of people a false sense of security.

It is a choice I am comfortable with and others around here seem to respect the choice. But you seem intent on mocking that choice. Why is that? Why do you think everyone must see things as you do? I'm not on a crusade. I don't want to take your guns. I just think they give a lot of people a false sense of security.

I`m not mocking your choice. The news is full of heinous things people break into homes and do to people. If you`re comfortable with defending yourself with words or a Louisville Slugger then God bless.
My choice will to be to put holes in that person. Ok? Disagreement done.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We need more CITIZENS like this one.

True story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer:

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something---body language, or the way she said it---made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.
She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"

klein

Für Meno :)
Just watched the news how those young siblings got caught..... gee, good old America.... automatic weapons for teenagers..... got to love it !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched the news how those young siblings got caught..... gee, good old America.... automatic weapons for teenagers..... got to love it !

Yes, and of course the automatic weapons were provided for them by their parish priest and the car purchased for them by their local mayor.
You act like Canada never had a robber or criminal or wacko teenager............... you're sick!

klein

Yes, and of course the automatic weapons were provided for them by their parish priest and the car purchased for them by their local mayor.
You act like Canada never had a robber or criminal or wacko teenager............... you're sick!

You should know - you watch Fox news everyday - they must report tons of crime from Canada and all those automatic weapons we have.
Don't you get sick of it, hearing how dangerous Canada is ?

What was that 2010 number for total murders, again ?
Oh yeah, 17000 for USA and 524 for Canada.....

Our Canadian news is too boring, that most days the USA makes the headline and first report on our news.
This story of those siblings will be the beginning or the US stockmarket - good guess which one will be first - I assume the US market, then the siblings.

You can watch it later on ctvnews.ca or globalnews.ca - trust me - those are going to be the first 2 stories.

Last edited:

klein

Read the darn article ! Whats wrong with removing the federal inspectors to provincial inspectors ?
Same rules !

We didn't have your billion egg recall, or the 36 million lbs of ground turkey ! Look at yourself , first !

Read the darn article ! Whats wrong with removing the federal inspectors to provincial inspectors ?
Same rules !

We didn't have your billion egg recall, or the 36 million lbs of ground turkey ! Look at yourself , first !
Follow your own advice.

Make you a deal Klink, I will never mention Canada, you, wiener vendors, or people who get fired from a good paying job for being stupid if you will never mention anything about the USA. Deal?

Follow your own advice.

Make you a deal Klink, I will never mention Canada, you, wiener vendors, or people who get fired from a good paying job for being stupid if you will never mention anything about the USA. Deal?

You better revise that to include discount travel and beach going candy distribution also.