HAHAHA UPS labels used for DHL delivery

ImpactedTSG

I got a package from DHL today and I looked really closely at the thermal label that was on it and at the bottom was a UPS logo. I guess DHL made their software use the same size labels as UPS. That is too funny. Now a customer can complain to their AE that they need more labels (free of charge) and use them for their DHL shipments. :lol:

DS

Fenderbender
and the other way around...it happens a lot more than you think TSG,
I deliver fedex boxes all the time,and tubes,and when I run out of
waybill pouches fedex ones work just fine.We could save a lot this way
use dhl waybills and just put a ups tr # over top.

yeldarb

Fedx, DHL and UPS all have same size thermals. Impacted TSG is unaware of how many things are on the delivery end...Much like many in management.
I find it funny he was surprised. Ask any driver..Using someone elses thermal printer has been going on as long as there have been two companies using thermal printers.

Im glad you got a nice laugh though. It shows your ignorance.

ImpactedTSG

Be nice yeldarb,I don't think he works for ups anymore,
so insulting him will just make him mad.
this makes it easy..
.http://www.shiptec.com/page2.html
Nah, it won't make me mad. I know drivers know a lot more about delivery than I do. :)

I was an External TSG tech for a while so I've spent some time at customer's sites during my time with UPS. I just thought it was funny to see the UPS shield on the package.

JustTired

free at last.......
Years ago, there was another delivery co. in this area (the name escapes me, but I think it was a regional thing) and I would see them coming out of a driveway as I was pulling in. When I would get up to the porch, the pkg(s) would have UPS labels. This was the case everytime, so I know it wasn't just a mistake.

I mentioned it to the center manager and (of course) he had no idea why that would be. Wasn't long after that...they just seemed to disappear. Now, I'm not taking credit for their demise, but I'm guessing if I noticed, so did plenty of other drivers.

They had tan trucks. Just remembered the name. RDS
I used to joke that they were probably the non-union arm of UPS. Maybe I was right.

rushfan

Now that's cutting costs. I had a customer order thermal labels from us and use them for their fredex shipments. They would print the labels and cut off the little ups logo, and legal statement.