Half Empty? NFL

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Jacksonville doesn't have a strong following. When our family went to a game there 5 years ago, fully half the fans there were Bears fans. Midway through the third quarter 80 percent were Bears fans.
Jacksonville Jaguars
YEAR AVG.ATTENDANCE % OF CAPACITY
2016 61,915 92.2%
2015 61,463 91.5%
2014 65,541 97.5%
2013 59,940 89.2%
2012 64,984 96.8%

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Bottom line is that you don't win respect arguments by being disrespectful. The knee thing should have been a one time launch event that grew into a National black men and white police expectations conversation.
Yet our POTUS can be disrespectful to our POWs. He only respects veterans who were not captured? He is a hypocrit!

Sportello

Goodell could just send out a new directive requiring everyone to stand. Doubtful he will bother since the whole thing seems to be winding down and running out of steam. He will probably let it fade into obscurity.

Definitely not a 1st Amendment issue.
It was a nothing issue before dear leader went on a hissy fit.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
upload_2017-10-17_0-18-40.jpeg

Jets Fan Who Stands For National Anthem Sits On American Flag

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
man you're hanging on to some old fecal material there, got anything fresh?
On Saturday October 7, the day the body of 25-year-old Army Sgt. La David Johnson was returned to Dover Air Force Base after he was killed in an ISIS ambush in Niger, President Donald Trump was golfing.

bbsam

Staff member
I heard that part of the reason for the decline was Baltimore police screening people and arresting them for active warrants.
I had an opportunity a few years ago to go to a Bears/Rams game. Aaaaaaacccccccckkkkkk!

Couldn't even bring myself to go and enjoy the tailgate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had an opportunity a few years ago to go to a Bears/Rams game. Aaaaaaacccccccckkkkkk!

Couldn't even bring myself to go and enjoy the tailgate.

Took my son and his GF to their first game in Buffalo. We didn't tailgate but we got there a bit early----I can be a nervous traveler----and we had a chance to take in the sights and sounds before heading in to find our seats.

To this day I am still amazed at the amount of trash left behind in the parking lot.

bbsam

Staff member
It's hard to spend a few hundred dollars and a whole day congregating with 65,000 other fans to cheer on the fact that (at least on this day) we don't suck quite as bad as the opposing team.

newfie

On Saturday October 7, the day the body of 25-year-old Army Sgt. La David Johnson was returned to Dover Air Force Base after he was killed in an ISIS ambush in Niger, President Donald Trump was golfing.

that may actually qualify as a derail here