Happy Labor Day

It's a hard day to celebrate. Many of the good jobs have been outsourced. America is going backwards, not forwards. Not only is our standard of living going downhill, so I the family unit.

The days of dad bringing home the bacon and Mom cooking it,is long gone.

So in closing. I am greatful to be in the union. Just not happy with our leadership.

Dad still brings home the bacon in this household. Mom takes care of the family and cooks the healthier turkey bacon. Dad makes a huge sacrifice and the mighty teamsters negotiationed a great life for me and my family. God bless the teamsters for giving me the lifestyle that I work hard for. Proud to be union and doing the right things.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If it wasn't for unions we wouldn't have a Labor Day. We have a long and storied history. Being a proud union member should always be displayed by us. Others want what we have while others have fought for what we have. During this weekend reflect on our history and your union history. It's been a hell of a ride. http://www.dol.gov/laborday/history.htm
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1441569639.523900.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"Labor Day" 101
President Grover Cleveland signed a law designating the first Monday in September as Labor Day nationwide. This is interesting because Cleveland was not a labor union supporter. In fact, he was trying to repair some political damage that he suffered earlier that year when he sent federal troops to put down a strike by the American Railway Union at the Pullman Co. in Chicago, IL. That action resulted in the deaths of 34 workers.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/holidays-other/question459.htm

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Was a nice way to end my 10 days off. Back to the grind for another 2 and a half months. Then off again. Just before x Mas peak. Ditto for I've

Peak is fun for me. They beg me to come back some nights. Then if they need help. They beg me to help. I only get off the truck for lunch break. Only drive about 250 miles for peak. Thanks to 50 mile meet time.
My motto is the same for every peak season. There's a whole lotta work to do and I ain't doing it all. Someone will do it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If it wasn't for unions we wouldn't have a Labor Day. We have a long and storied history. Being a proud union member should always be displayed by us. Others want what we have while others have fought for what we have. During this weekend reflect on our history and your union history. It's been a hell of a ride. http://www.dol.gov/laborday/history.htm
More than 100 years after the first Labor Day observance, there is still some doubt as to who first proposed the holiday for workers.

Some records show that Peter J. McGuire, general secretary of the Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners and a cofounder of the American Federation of Labor, was first in suggesting a day to honor those "who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold."

But Peter McGuire's place in Labor Day history has not gone unchallenged. Many believe that Matthew Maguire, a machinist, not Peter McGuire, founded the holiday. Recent research seems to support the contention that Matthew Maguire, later the secretary of Local 344 of the International Association of Machinists in Paterson, N.J., proposed the holiday in 1882 while serving as secretary of the Central Labor Union in New York. What is clear is that the Central Labor Union adopted a Labor Day proposal and appointed a committee to plan a demonstration and picnic.

More than 100 years after the first Labor Day observance, there is still some doubt as to who first proposed the holiday for workers.

Some records show that Peter J. McGuire, general secretary of the Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners and a cofounder of the American Federation of Labor, was first in suggesting a day to honor those "who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold."

But Peter McGuire's place in Labor Day history has not gone unchallenged. Many believe that Matthew Maguire, a machinist, not Peter McGuire, founded the holiday. Recent research seems to support the contention that Matthew Maguire, later the secretary of Local 344 of the International Association of Machinists in Paterson, N.J., proposed the holiday in 1882 while serving as secretary of the Central Labor Union in New York. What is clear is that the Central Labor Union adopted a Labor Day proposal and appointed a committee to plan a demonstration and picnic.
Whatever it is I'm sure glad I'm union. It's afforded a great life for my family. The things I can do for them by being a union members are better than I ever thought I'd get. I appreciate the teamsters and all labor unions past and present. They paved the way through much sacrifice. God bless.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Whatever it is I'm sure glad I'm union. It's afforded a great life for my family. The things I can do for them by being a union members are better than I ever thought I'd get. I appreciate the teamsters and all labor unions past and present. They paved the way through much sacrifice. God bless.
Great post! Love it! Now I'm waiting for some d bag to make a disgraceful comment about our union that further tears us apart.