Harassment Grievance for Being Sent to Help

mrbrownstone

I’m just wondering if anyone has filed a harassment grievance for being sent to help. Yes I’m on the 9.5 and top rate. Yes I know about taking whole lunch and no I don’t run.

I’m just thinking if I start logging the amount of days that I receive the green light of death I can file harassment at some point.

I’m just wondering if anyone has filed a harassment grievance for being sent to help. Yes I’m on the 9.5 and top rate. Yes I know about taking whole lunch and no I don’t run.

I’m just thinking if I start logging the amount of days that I receive the green light of death I can file harassment at some point.
Are you filing 9.5 grievances?

mrbrownstone

File 9.5 every single day they send you to help. Thats how I finally got them to stop

That’s what I plan to do. Funny thing is last week I had a 9.53 an 11+ and what would have been another slightly over 9.5 that turned into another 11+ do to helping with a trip that sat. Had they not forced the last 11+ hr day on me I would not have filed even if slightly over 9.5. Since they screwed me 2 days I filed on all 3.

ManInBrown

Simple solution. When they send you the message to go help, reply back are you asking or directing. If asking say no. If directing, work as directed and file.

Here‘s the one thing you need to understand when they ask people to help other drivers. If you constantly roll over and do it, they’re never going to stop asking you. The night OMS’s know who to tell or ask. They go back to the same drivers every night. It will never end. You know how it ends? Two choices. Get done at 9 every night, or flat out tell them no. See what happens. I can guarantee you, if you say no a few times, and they let that fly without making an issue of it, they’ll never bother you ever again outside of peak. But if you constantly bring lube to work every day and bend over, you’ll be helping drivers for the rest of your career.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That’s what I plan to do. Funny thing is last week I had a 9.53 an 11+ and what would have been another slightly over 9.5 that turned into another 11+ do to helping with a trip that sat. Had they not forced the last 11+ hr day on me I would not have filed even if slightly over 9.5. Since they screwed me 2 days I filed on all 3.
I don’t care if I’m 3 minutes over 3 time. They’re getting papers.

Ackerlin

Are they asking you or directing you to help, and why the :censored2: is this company sending a guy at top rate to help when more than likely there is lower seniority guys they can send out.

mrbrownstone

Are they asking you or directing you to help, and why the :censored2: is this company sending a guy at top rate to help when more than likely there is lower seniority guys they can send out.
Sending messages to call center. Yes I wonder the same thing. I’m only at top rate for a little over a year and already have a large amount of guys under me. Seems ridiculous.

barnyard

KTM rider
I always reply to the green light of death, "only if I am being forced." After that, my phone is broke. They have to set up the meet points and tell me where it is and what time. The last time I did that, I also filed for being over 9/5 and have not been asked to help since.

The other thing you can do, is meet the driver and take 1 or 2 stops. When they ask, just tell them that you did not want to go over 9/5.

Edited to add... or you can go the other direction and take enough stops so that you get the fattest penalty pay check ever. Take enough stops so the person you are helping clocks out before you.

ManInBrown

Here’s another thing. The OMS doesn’t care that you’re on the 9.5 and it will result in a grievance. All they are worried about is all drivers getting their pickup pieces in and getting done and bringing it in ASAP. It’s not like the night OMS and the Center Manager are having daily conversations about who’s on the 9.5.

So here’s what I recommend. Do it for another week or two. Every single time they send you a message to go help someone, reply with asking or directing. If they say asking say no. If they say directing, work as directed and reply with “this will result in a 9.5 grievance At the end of the week” Then when you file make a point of telling your center manager or on car that if you weren’t being sent to help drivers every night, maybe they wouldn’t be getting a 9.5 grievance from you. if your center manager had a brain he would then go tell the OMS to stop asking you. But the thing is you have to make waves Over this issue. If you roll over nothing ever changes. Right in our office when I was in package there was a little white index card next to the night OMS desk that said the following drivers are never to be asked to help anyone. When they are finished they bring it in. No exceptions. It was all the 9.5 drivers. You have to make an issue out of it. Sometimes it’s not enough to just file. Make waves.

If they are just happy to pay 9.5 grievances and they don’t care you’re screwed. I’m just telling you the way it was where I worked. They weren’t having it. They hated handing out that free money to 9.5 drivers like myself.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I like the idea of filing 9.5 for individual days, especially if there is other people not on the 9.5 list who can help instead.

Another thing OP can do is after being violated 4 times in a year, DEMAND a meeting with himself, steward, business agent, center manager, and labor manager. Lay into them in this meeting and DEMAND the company cut the excessive overtime. I have heard these meetings can work very well. Labor and the BA can come to an agreement such as, the driver cannot be forced to work in excess of 9.5 which would include having to help anyone. Definitely worth a shot.

542thruNthru

I like the idea of filing 9.5 for individual days, especially if there is other people not on the 9.5 list who can help instead.

Another thing OP can do is after being violated 4 times in a year, DEMAND a meeting with himself, steward, business agent, center manager, and labor manager. Lay into them in this meeting and DEMAND the company cut the excessive overtime. I have heard these meetings can work very well. Labor and the BA can come to an agreement such as, the driver cannot be forced to work in excess of 9.5 which would include having to help anyone. Definitely worth a shot.

How do you do this?

Also your BA must love having to handle your daily 9.5 grievances lol

barnyard

KTM rider
How do you do this?

Also your BA must love having to handle your daily 9.5 grievances lol
In the contract, it states that after the 2nd or 3rd over 9.5 violation that the employee can demand a meeting to determine how it will be solved. It is spelled out in the chapter on 9.5 language.

barnyard

KTM rider
Also...
If you know about what time the green light of death goes off, go on break before that time and do not respond until after you punch back in from break. If enough time has gone by, they will have found someone else.

oldngray

nowhere special
Work as directed. It sucks to have to help someone else but not something you can grieve over. If it involves a 9.5 that is another issue.

542thruNthru

In the contract, it states that after the 2nd or 3rd over 9.5 violation that the employee can demand a meeting to determine how it will be solved. It is spelled out in the chapter on 9.5 language.

Yes after the 4th paid 9.5 violation.

But its not a violation until you've been over 9.5 3 days in a week. That's why I asked him how do you file a 9.5 grievance daily?