Has our union proven themselves useless at this point?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm not anti Union by any means but from mismanaging our pensions to the decline of our healthcare coverage hasn't our union proven themselves to be more trouble than they are worth? I (almost)trust the company more at this point. Our last contract was pushed through under very odd circumstances and it seems that this company simply does what it likes anyway. Every time my family or I go to the doc I have to call and fight teamsters health and welfare to over the charges. They have burned one to many bridges with me. Time for change.

The very premise or motivation of this thread is ridiculous at best. With every organization, there will be mis-steps and mis-calculations. Corporate America is no different. Look at UPS non union. They took away medical coverage for spouses, not because of ObamaCare, but because they COULD.

Whatever a non union company wants to do to its employees, it will. Its the "new" American Way.

TO the point of whether or not the UNION is useless or not, ask yourself this question:

"am I still employed at UPS?"

If you are NOT, then the UNION is useless, if you are, then just simply say THANK YOU for protecting my job security.

If the Teamsters were voted out or decertified, ALL OF US would be on the pavement sooner than later. If you think otherwise, than you are simply an IDIOT for a lack of a better definition.

UPS would get rid of all of us.

Lets make one thing perfectly clear MOTHERTRUCKER.

The only PROTECTION from the UNION that you should be kissing the ash of the Teamsters for is placing you in a classification of BARGAINING UNIT MEMBER.

This protection prevents the company from chittcanning you for whatever reason they want to.

Unlike "AT WILL " employees, which are EVERY worker not covered by a Union Contract, ANY company can a fired an employee for any reason they want other than discriminatory reasons.

If they dont like your hair, POOF , youre gone.

IF they dont like your performance, POOF, youre gone.

They dont need a reason.

But you are a UNION MEMBER. And that "bargaining Unit" protection is the greatest aspect of being a UNION member.

For you to question the status of the UNION is nonsensical.

Leaders will make err's, and thats where "WE" as members have the power to make change to prevent future mistakes.

This whole thread is nothing more than silly talk outside the scope of being a protected union member.

If you believe for one second, that getting rid of the Teamsters would improve your working conditions because UPS wants to "take care of you", then in my opinion, youre one stupid dude.

The company would immediately move to cut wages, put in earning caps, take away pensions, make the job harder and move to see that NO employee lasts longer than 10 years.

Thats how you save money. Its what corporate America does to every other working entity in the country.

Turnover is the key, not longevity.

You best get your priorities in order and get a better understanding of what the UNION does for you.

TOS.

The very premise or motivation of this thread is ridiculous at best. With every organization, there will be mis-steps and mis-calculations. Corporate America is no different. Look at UPS non union. They took away medical coverage for spouses, not because of ObamaCare, but because they COULD.

Whatever a non union company wants to do to its employees, it will. Its the "new" American Way.

TO the point of whether or not the UNION is useless or not, ask yourself this question:

If you are NOT, then the UNION is useless, if you are, then just simply say THANK YOU for protecting my job security.

If the Teamsters were voted out or decertified, ALL OF US would be on the pavement sooner than later. If you think otherwise, than you are simply an IDIOT for a lack of a better definition.

The only PROTECTION from the UNION that you should be kissing the ash of the Teamsters for is placing you in a classification of BARGAINING UNIT MEMBER.

This protection prevents the company from chittcanning you for whatever reason they want to.

Unlike "AT WILL " employees, which are EVERY worker not covered by a Union Contract, ANY company can a fired an employee for any reason they want other than discriminatory reasons.

They dont need a reason.

But you are a UNION MEMBER. And that "bargaining Unit" protection is the greatest aspect of being a UNION member.

Leaders will make err's, and thats where "WE" as members have the power to make change to prevent future mistakes.

This whole thread is nothing more than silly talk outside the scope of being a protected union member.

If you believe for one second, that getting rid of the Teamsters would improve your working conditions because UPS wants to "take care of you", then in my opinion, youre one stupid dude.

The company would immediately move to cut wages, put in earning caps, take away pensions, make the job harder and move to see that NO employee lasts longer than 10 years.

Thats how you save money. Its what corporate America does to every other working entity in the country.

You best get your priorities in order and get a better understanding of what the UNION does for you.

TOS.
Preach

muthatrucka

I never understood why punctuation and spelling police on a message board feel so good about themselves. Unless it blatant bad why comment about it at all. It must be to feel better about ones self.
Lol, I dunno. I had tons of typos in my topic last night which have been corrected since but as with me beer might be a factor.

muthatrucka

Get your feet out of your mouth.

This is a subject you should avoid. I put you in check. Now let it go.

TOS.
Since last night how many posts have there been on this topic? That was my motive. To get people talking and decide how our jobs can get better. How they have gotten so much worse with longer progression time, working longer to draw a pension, blah blah blah. You get it. I wasn't here to win or lose and furthermore u don't decide when u think u are too cool for school and "won". Your old I'm sure so you will eliminate yourself soon enough. I have to be around till I'm 63 apparently and that's a long long time from now. I'd like to have a future instead of taking care of the present like has been past practice.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They dont need a reason.

TOS.
You sure know how to ramble on.

Atomic_Smurf

TOS.

UPS didn't just arbitrarily decide to take away spousal coverage or wash their hands of union members coverage. ObamaCare is artificially driving up premium costs & putting employers & now unions in the position of making the cuts. UPS is paying more for our health insurance & we are getting less coverage. That's no accident. Its exactly what ObamaCare architect Johnathan Gruber was caught bragging about, you collect the revenue through the insurance companies, the cost is passed onto the individuals & its essentially the same as a huge tax on plans but "Americans are to stupid to figure it out". I give you exhibit A (TOS).

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
UPS didn't just arbitrarily decide to take away spousal coverage or wash their hands of union members coverage. ObamaCare is artificially driving up premium costs & putting employers & now unions in the position of making the cuts. UPS is paying more for our health insurance & we are getting less coverage. That's no accident. Its exactly what ObamaCare architect Johnathan Gruber was caught bragging about, you collect the revenue through the insurance companies, the cost is passed onto the individuals & its essentially the same as a huge tax on plans but "Americans are to stupid to figure it out". I give you exhibit A (TOS).
This started happening long before Obamacare was even a thought. Nice try though.

Atomic_Smurf

This started happening long before Obamacare was even a thought. Nice try though.
Health insurance premiums had been going up for years but instead of common sense solutions the Democrats hyped it as a "crisis", told countless lies & passed a law that increases costs to employers & individuals that work for a living. ObamaCare has not & will not bring down costs for working families. It is the redistribution of a portion of your earnings that you obviously aren't smart enough to understand. I give you Jonathan Grubers exhibit B.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I don't think anyone at ups wants to get rid of the union. We just want a stronger union. We want our concerns addressed. And for our stewards to stop being company yes men.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Is there anything from FOX news that you wont repeat word for word?

UPS had intended on eliminating spousal coverage long before the ACA became law. They only needed the opportunity to blame something else so people like you would look the other way.

Not that you would know how to drill down on an issue.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Since last night how many posts have there been on this topic? That was my motive. To get people talking and decide how our jobs can get better. How they have gotten so much worse with longer progression time, working longer to draw a pension, blah blah blah. You get it. I wasn't here to win or lose and furthermore u don't decide when u think u are too cool for school and "won". Your old I'm sure so you will eliminate yourself soon enough. I have to be around till I'm 63 apparently and that's a long long time from now. I'd like to have a future instead of taking care of the present like has been past practice.

Your original post was very clearly written. Backpeddling is not a good trait on a subject. Either stand by your convictions or stay out of politics.

"WE" all want better benefits, not worse. "WE" all want better working conditions, not worse. "WE" all want strong leadership that isnt afraid of a corporate giant like UPS, but we cant always get what "We" want.

The title of this thread is "has the union proven itself to be useless at this point".

The answer is a definitive NO.

When you become an "AT WILL" employee while being a part of a union, only then will the union have rendered itself "useless".

Short of that, we still lead the industry in wages and benefits. Yes, this last time around "we" gave back a portion of our package, and "We" can be angry.

But, we dont cut off our hand to stop a cut on our finger from bleeding as your "insinuation" suggested.

TOS.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
what you are saying then is that you are useless. you and every Teamster IS the union.

so why don't you make the changes you want.?

the general reason why 99% of us (me included ) don't effect change is LAZINESS.

muthatrucka

Your original post was very clearly written. Backpeddling is not a good trait on a subject. Either stand by your convictions or stay out of politics.

"WE" all want better benefits, not worse. "WE" all want better working conditions, not worse. "WE" all want strong leadership that isnt afraid of a corporate giant like UPS, but we cant always get what "We" want.

The title of this thread is "has the union proven itself to be useless at this point".

The answer is a definitive NO.

When you become an "AT WILL" employee while being a part of a union, only then will the union have rendered itself "useless".

Short of that, we still lead the industry in wages and benefits. Yes, this last time around "we" gave back a portion of our package, and "We" can be angry.

But, we dont cut off our hand to stop a cut on our finger from bleeding as your "insinuation" suggested.

TOS.
Wow, you have posted 10000 times on here! We wouldn't get along anyway. I'm quiet. You talk a lot but say nothing.