Has our union proven themselves useless at this point?

bbsam

Staff member
Ya you lost me on that one.
Globalization, intercontinental commerce aided by robotics and computerization, has changed the marketplace. The CEO of UPS might outwardly claim that the "highly paid, highly skilled union workforce is the best in the world and will continue to lead in customer satisfaction for parcel delivery for decades to come...yada, yada, yada." He doesn't believe a word of it. He's seen the competition stiffen at a fraction of the cost while taking market share and building infrastructure. Laws are already being written to jack the pensions of current retirees, future retirees can't be comfortable.

The door is open for companies to eventually dump health insurance. Soon retirement benefits, promises made will be able to be lawfully broken.

The global labor market is cheap and it's coming to the US. And you think UPS isn't looking for a way to cash in on those "market forces"?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I bet my feet are on better ground than yours. As my health care plan for my family of 5 is pretty good.
I really couldn't say. I haven't had any complaints with my policy so I'm guessing it's pretty good. Plus it's a good tax write off.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The global labor market is cheap and it's coming to the US.

In the short term I would agree.

Go talk with some folks, that work in the construction industry.

It doesn't take long.... for that "global labor market" to become "americanized". :biggrin:

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Nah. I can pay for it myself. I am an adult after all.
Being an adult has nothing to do what so ever with PAYING for health insurance. Only having health insurance is the responsible thing to do if you are a responsible adult.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So why complain about the responsibility of paying for it?
I'm not complaining about the reponsibility to pay for heslth insurance for me.
But government shouldn't be involved. They screw up everything and create a whole class of freeloaders.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yep.

They are willing to work.

Not African Americans.

This is the kind of racial hate that is taught to todays ignorant. Amazingly , you posted it.

You and superballs have something in common.

Our society is still blantantly racist. Every race has its lazy persons, but it also has its hard working , hard striving persons. There are plenty of Lazy WHITES on welfare, who coincendentally make up the largest recipients of welfare in this country.

There are plenty of hard working african americans working in this country, and UPS has a good percentage of hard working african americans.

This generalization made by you is simply, bigoted.

TOS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture