Heads up letter from the Union about possible strike

CoryAndTrevor

Something's very broken with your center. Make it a local issue, not a national one.

What the :censored2: is that supposed to mean? Either everyone strikes or no one does, ya scab.

Trying to shut down speech. You must be a Democrat.

Crying over people telling you to shut the :censored2: up because you're opinion is asinine? You must be a whiny little baby bltch boy.

Look I apologize for getting inflammatory, but seriously, you keep repeating yourself with "I personally am fine so no one else in the entire damn company should rock my boat." How do you not see how shltty that sounds to people? And you keep saying "that's a local problem." Dude, it sounds a lot to me like about half the centers have this "local problem," maybe more. You just don't care? Or what?

rod

Retired 22 years
I've worked in 4 states, 7 buildings, 5 locals. You need to get out more often, the crap is all the same. We have routes that do 210+ stops 300+ pieces on average.

Don't that screw up your retirement? As far as I know here you have to have all your years in the same local.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the only thing a strike will do is cause more market share loss, which will cost jobs in the short and long term, put even greater pressure to perform (harassment), and ultimately leave the company vulnerable to be driven out by fedex or amazon

if the Union wants to actually fix harassment issues, they have the most ass backwards way of going about it, it's almost like you're being led by complete mouth breathers only looking to get theirs

oh wait, they are lmao

JL 0513

What the :censored2: is that supposed to mean? Either everyone strikes or no one does, ya scab.

I don't mean local strikes. Management/IE obviously sucks in some areas. That's what has to be dealt with at the local level. Meaning that it's not the CEO ordering that most drivers get around 55 hours a week. When you strike, it's against those at the top. Since about 2/3rds of the country gets a reasonable 45-47 hours a week average, then it's not corporate policy to put out excessive hours, it's local management. Maybe nothing can be done locally, but all I'm saying is that is where the problem is.

Crying over people telling you to shut the :censored2: up because you're opinion is asinine? You must be a whiny little baby bltch boy.

You have it backwards. If you're crying over my opinions, you're the whiney little snow flake.

Look I apologize for getting inflammatory, but seriously, you keep repeating yourself with "I personally am fine so no one else in the entire damn company should rock my boat." How do you not see how shltty that sounds to people? And you keep saying "that's a local problem." Dude, it sounds a lot to me like about half the centers have this "local problem," maybe more. You just don't care? Or what?

I'm not saying it's perfect here and "I'm fine and that's all that matters". Never said that. If the workers decide to strike, I'll stand with everyone.
I'm just saying that more of the country is on the reasonable side of hours. Excessive overtime is not corporate policy. I like 47 hours a week, perhaps some guys are looking for a 40 hour job. I signed up 10 years ago knowing the job is what it is.

JL 0513

the only thing a strike will do is cause more market share loss, which will cost jobs in the short and long term, put even greater pressure to perform (harassment), and ultimately leave the company vulnerable to be driven out by fedex or amazon

if the Union wants to actually fix harassment issues, they have the most ass backwards way of going about it, it's almost like you're being led by complete mouth breathers only looking to get theirs

oh wait, they are lmao

We better keep in mind it's not just Fedex anymore. While Amazon is contemplating their own delivery network, what happens if we strike. They might just go full steam ahead. Then we come back with no Amazon volume. 1/3 of all our work.

People also forget WHY we have the overtime we do. It's because of our union compensation. Why don't FedEx drivers get these hours? Because it's not as costly to put more guys on the road.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
how does this work for your 401k. If were on strike is that considered seperated from ups. Reason being you can take your 401k, roll it over or take it out with a penalty.

Star B

White Lightening
People also forget WHY we have the overtime we do. It's because of our union compensation. Why don't FedEx drivers get these hours? Because it's not as costly to put more guys on the road.

I get plenty of overtime just as a Swing. If we (Express) were also handling ground packages like UPS does, I'm sure we would be worked as hard or harder than you. We don't because we have Ground/HD that typically pays drivers peanuts as a salary for them to try to stay afloat. Whether they have 10 stops or 250.. those drivers get paid the same.

I don't mean local strikes. Management/IE obviously sucks in some areas. That's what has to be dealt with at the local level. Meaning that it's not the CEO ordering that most drivers get around 55 hours a week. When you strike, it's against those at the top. Since about 2/3rds of the country gets a reasonable 45-47 hours a week average, then it's not corporate policy to put out excessive hours, it's local management. Maybe nothing can be done locally, but all I'm saying is that is where the problem is.
I'm an outsider so take what I say with a grain of salt here... but upper management knows the numbers. Upper management has the ability to look at a center, see the overtime and tell them to fix it. If Upper management wanted an OT rate of no more than .5% of total hours at a center, they could make it happen or force IE to do their job. They dont, so they are complacent with operations as it is.

In other words, the buck stops at upper management.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You have it backwards. If you're crying over my opinions, you're the whiney little snow flake.

I'm not saying it's perfect here and "I'm fine and that's all that matters". Never said that. If the workers decide to strike, I'll stand with everyone.
I'm just saying that more of the country is on the reasonable side of hours. Excessive overtime is not corporate policy. I like 47 hours a week, perhaps some guys are looking for a 40 hour job. I signed up 10 years ago knowing the job is what it is.

The future of this company

SMDH!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Every family should have 6 months salary/wages in a savings account or liquid investment.
We had 1 year savings from the time I was 35 years old.

We always had sufficient savings too but my wife always has made enough money where we didn't have to worry about starving. Except for about 5 years when the kids were little she has always helped bring home the bacon.

TheFigurehead

Obviously there's some localized problems. 56 hrs off peak means your center is broken. It's the exception, not the norm. Not too many routes go over 10 each day in my center.

While that's nifty for you, it is your center that is the exception, not the other way around. I'm glad things are going smoothly for you, but much of the rest of the company is getting :censored2:ed day in and day out.