Heads up letter from the Union about possible strike

The Driver

I drive.
Wouldn't it be interesting if drivers delivering boxes who are in America's top 12% of income earners were to strike. I don't think that would go over too well with the bottom 88%.

And those bottom 88% don't pee in water bottles or work 13.5 hours in the heat at the pace we work.

The Driver

I drive.
I'm not spinning anything. I just don't have any grievances. I became a driver at 33 and in my life, it's the easiest job I've ever had. I like the 7 hours of OT a week.

Only 7 hours OT? Cute. I'm doing 16 hours every week, many weeks MORE. Yes, I'm filing every week.

JL 0513

Only 7 hours OT? Cute. I'm doing 16 hours every week, many weeks MORE. Yes, I'm filing every week.

I've been covering an industrial park route on and off lately that does 42 hours a week. I wouldn't bid it because there's no money there.

Obviously there's some localized problems. 56 hrs off peak means your center is broken. It's the exception, not the norm. Not too many routes go over 10 each day in my center.

This is the problem with a national strike. Many areas are fine but would be pulled into a strike anyway because of crappy areas.

The Driver

I drive.
I've been covering an industrial park route on and off lately that does 42 hours a week. I wouldn't bid it because there's no money there.

Obviously there's some localized problems. 56 hrs off peak means your center is broken. It's the exception, not the norm. Not too many routes go over 10 each day in my center.

This is the problem with a national strike. Many areas are fine but would be pulled into a strike anyway because of crappy areas.

The point is you need to shut your trap about squelching any efforts to plan a strike. Labor conditions are terrible where I am. If they're not for you then I'm happy for you, but you ought to be willing to stand by your union brothers and sisters. Sick of the infighting already!

JL 0513

The point is you need to shut your trap about squelching any efforts to plan a strike. Labor conditions are terrible where I am. If they're not for you then I'm happy for you, but you ought to be willing to stand by your union brothers and sisters. Sick of the infighting already!

Trying to shut down speech. You must be a Democrat.

The Driver

I drive.
Something's very broken with your center. Make it a local issue, not a national one.

Everyone's filing and nothing is being done. Our stewards are filing harassment and nothing is being done. I know we aren't the only center that's hurting. So a national issue it is.

Don't you have a 9 hour day to go do?

The Driver

I drive.
Trying to shut down speech. You must be a Democrat.

I am only saying you don't know what it's like here and in many other centers. If you're not going to be a team player then stop pulling the carriage in the wrong direction! We're a UNION and unions are supposed to fight for improved conditions!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Part of being in a union is supporting your brothers and sisters no matter what your personal situation may be.

Business routes always work less hours. Here, they often have 40-50 resi stops waiting for you at the building.

watdaflock?

Walking into the building today and was greeted by my BA and a couple stewards with a paper handout. In short it basically says for full timers to start saving 5 dollars a day effective immediately so we will have that money in case of a strike.

I appreciate the advice and it's definitely a smart move, but it's starting to feel all to real and scares the :censored2: out of me. I went full time a month after last contract. Is this standard before every negotiation?
Our union should be more proactive and lower membership fee's substantially.

Wouldn't it be interesting if drivers delivering boxes who are in America's top 12% of income earners were to strike. I don't think that would go over too well with the bottom 88%.
Thanks Obama and Trump.

Tired of these Democrats getting elected. Hopefully some day another Republican with American values will be elected.

Something's very broken with your center. Make it a local issue, not a national one.
I've worked in 4 states, 7 buildings, 5 locals. You need to get out more often, the crap is all the same. We have routes that do 210+ stops 300+ pieces on average.