DOK

Has not been implemented yet and I would not run it if they did.
My job is to deliver businesses first(which I do) and then residential. I will ignore all other options even if I run 40 miles over the solution because I know that my commercial customers are taken care of.
There are certain ways a route must be run and Orion ignores that fact on every solution.
Take for instance when Orion wants me to drive past commercial stops. These are stops that turn that AM delivery around and ship it same day. But Orion wants me to save it all day long and deliver with their scheduled pickup. It ignores that fact that my PO closes at 4 o'clock and wants me to deliver all my businesses after they close. But yet all these stops that it wants me to save for PM delivery are all 1s and 2s.
I have talked to my PDS until I am blue in the face and all he says is it is above his paygrade to fix. Deal with it. So I do... I run it my way and I do it the right way.
your dispatcher lied to you, he can fix that 100%
We lost RDO about 3 months ago. Today turn by turn navigation showed up in the DIAD.

What part of the country are you in? How are the trucks loaded? RDO is based off the DOL, I don’t see how this is possible.

Rack em

Made the Podium
RIP Ups. I don't see this company lasting many more years with all the stupid decisions that are being made. Amazon will purchase Ups for pennies on the dollar as soon as these clowns run this company into the ground.

Thegameisrigged

RIP Ups. I don't see this company lasting many more years with all the stupid decisions that are being made. Amazon will purchase Ups for pennies on the dollar as soon as these clowns run this company into the ground.
Yeah. They’re about 4 feet deep in the dirt. Only a couple more left.

Thegameisrigged

Can someone from a no RDO center answer the question of whether the truck is still loaded in RDO?
No one has yet to say anything about the truck being loaded in such order. It has been rumored that they’ll eventually do it. It’ll take a lot of planning to make hat happen though. Orion has to know what is in the trailer before it even comes off the trailer.

Scoot

I asked my PDS this morning how long before we could expect the solutions to be done before the preload started. He just laughed.

JL 0513

No one has yet to say anything about the truck being loaded in such order. It has been rumored that they’ll eventually do it. It’ll take a lot of planning to make hat happen though. Orion has to know what is in the trailer before it even comes off the trailer.

Yup. I've been saying it all along that the only way it can be loaded ODO is if every routes final dispatch is concluded before preload starts. Can't see how that can ever happen. They don't even know how many routes are going to be in until 2-3 hours into the preload shift at which point add/cuts begin moving around.

Last edited:

JL 0513

It is not. Still loaded according to RDO.

Which will make at least half of all routes impossible to run if RDO is removed from DIAD. A majority of PC's cannot be walked through for the first few hours of the day. What part of this does upper management not understand?

Thegameisrigged

Yup. I've been saying it all along that the only way it can be loaded ODO is if every routes final dispatch is concluded before preload starts. CantC see how that can ever happen. They don't even know how many routes are going to be in until 2-3 hours into the preload shift at which point add/cuts begin moving around.
Absolutely. It goes farther than that. Preload is a second sort of packages going into the cages. We have a 5pm-10pm sort where packages are being loaded into the cages before they go on the package cars. This means that it has to know what’s in the trailers the day before because of the sort the day before preload begins.

Thegameisrigged

Which will make at least half of all routes impossible to run if RDO is removed from DIAD. A majority of PC's cannot be walked through for the first few hours of the day. What part of this does upper management not understand?
You’re right. I do 200 a day. 300/350 packages with packages that you’d think would be in a furniture truck. no way I could efficiently run odo.

Scoot

Impossible? No. Impossible to run by Orion? Yes.

I will just do what I always have done...run it the way that makes sense. Get the air off, clear the bulk. Having to work off ODO is mostly just an inconvenience on my route. Just takes a little extra time to scroll through the stops and make sure I'm not missing anything. I have a heavy industrial route with businesses that typically always get something each day. Fairly easy to run it more or less the same way every day. I'm sure that won't be the case for other routes.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What part of the country are you in? How are the trucks loaded? RDO is based off the DOL, I don’t see how this is possible.
Wisconsin. Package cars still loaded in RDO order. No idea when the switch to ODO order will start.
I'm satellited so I pretty much load my own truck in Orion order.