35years

Gravy route
Forgot to get EDD one day.
Did it old school.
No RDO or ODO.

Checked for buried NDA.
Ran the rest sorting 5stops at a time.
30 inch selection area.

Worked out faster than running ORION usually does.

Probably what I will do during Peak without RDO.

1989NW

the company will be adding turn by turn GPS to the diads in all of the centers, getting rid of all the stick shifts, and purchasing more package cars so that they can add more routes to be able to have low volume on each route so that anyone can handle the routes. They have already started doing all three of these things at my center. They will do all of this to be able to replace us easily when we go on strike. The company wants us to go on strike so that they can replace all of us right away. Hoffa will be paid off and he will go dancing off into the sunset and UPS will no longer be a Union company.

Johney

Lot less stops, packages, and oversized/over 70's. Imagine doing today's work day with no tech.
I have done it. When we'd have our EDD system go down and they had to do it old school you'd see all the young guys with this panic look on their face.

davidix

Orion is the company being stubborn and forcing their billion dollar failed experiment on us.

A few days in and we already have sups turning that :censored2: off because some routes are impossible to do.

Not to mention how are people going to learn new routes when there is no consistency on how the route is run.

I mean Orion can't even put one section of business together. Not to mention it wants you to do ridiculous things like deliver on both sides of heavy streets back and forth.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I mean my dispatcher can't even put one section of business together. Not to mention my dispatcher wants you to do ridiculous things like deliver on both sides of heavy streets back and forth.
fixed that for you

ORION is just a calculator, your dispatcher controls all of the inputs and can change anything he wants

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Doesn't matter if Orion was designed properly, if the people using it don't know how to do it right, the system is a failure.
so if a guy points a gun at his head and pulls the trigger, the gun failed?

that’s pretty terrible logic even for a driver

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
so if a guy points a gun at his head and pulls the trigger, the gun failed?

that’s pretty terrible logic even for a driver

The logic is sound. If you design a system that requires capable operators, and don't hire capable operators, the system, as a whole, is a failure. Where the logic breaks down is how that relates in any way to someone shooting themselves in the head. A better analogy would be designing a high performance race car, and putting a monkey behind the wheel. The car may be perfect, but the team will never win a race.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The problem with this delivery technology is it is forcing drivers to become stupid. Instead of reasoning and learning they are allowing themselves to follow the flawed information that is contained in the diad.

In the NW district there is one guy that is allowed to rewrite a route. ONE! There should be at least a dozen people that should be trained on how to rewrite routes to be able to fix the CF that is orion. Consequently 2/3 of the routes in my building have either trace issues or allowance issues that are not being managed. If these were fixed then we would not have drivers dispatched with 6 hours worth the work because it actually takes them 9 to do it. Why? Because the time allowances are skewed.