soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Keep up the good fight.

There will come a day when ORION compliance will not be optional.
And as long as it gets put in writing that we will not be held responsible for any service failures that result, I guess that will be UPS’s decision to make.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
7ACEE960-2090-40F2-8294-1D72F94F136B.jpeg

JL 0513

The center manager I have thinks for herself. She turns off Orion for those of us that the traced is screwed up. She doesn't care about the numbers per se. No accidents, no injuries, run air first if you have to, don't miss business stops. She doesn't care about the Orion compliance metric, doesn't care about miles, and doesn't have us do the stupid stretching in the PCM.
She says keeping injuries/accidents lower allows her to get more routes in and hire extra drivers. It does seem to work that way until she most likely gets moved after Christmas. Then, it will probably go back to a cluster friend when someone new comes in and wants to change the world.

Enjoy it while it lasts, she'll be gone soon for not following corporate guidelines.

JL 0513

At some point you'll get tired of butting your head against the wall and just do it their way.

Running ORION is liberating...before I went feeders I was running more miles and less stops because of ORION. Worked out good for me.

In some ways it is liberating. When forced to run Orion, it turns me into a non-caring employee. I will only make small adjustments to make commits and not miss businesses, otherwise it's stop for stop and brain turned off. Before they had an employee that would plan the most efficient and effective way to run a route. Would usually beat Orion miles and always do it in less time. Now I don't have to think and I let it crash and burn.

vvv

In some ways it is liberating. When forced to run Orion, it turns me into a non-caring employee. I will only make small adjustments to make commits and not miss businesses, otherwise it's stop for stop and brain turned off. Before they had an employee that would plan the most efficient and effective way to run a route. Would usually beat Orion miles and always do it in less time. Now I don't have to think and I let it crash and burn.

Well played

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Keep up the good fight.

There will come a day when ORION compliance will not be optional.

It is my understanding that orion compliance only matters while your center is certifying. Like with CIR, we had to maintain 90% for two weeks to certify. Once we did, we don't hear anything about CIR anymore. It's been forever since I heard a peep about orion compliance, and it never came back around once it stopped.