3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Can you tell us more how this will work? I am curious.

Are they voice commands or simply a text screen?

I imagine battery drain would have to be a concern.

I have heard. A monitor will be installed. With the delivery route in order. It is all for if we go on strike. They believe a monkey could follow it.

Battery drain? Never had anything close to the truck not starting

BlackCat

I have heard. A monitor will be installed. With the delivery route in order. It is all for if we go on strike. They believe a monkey could follow it.

Battery drain? Never had anything close to the truck not starting

Where is the monitor getting this information from? There would have to be on onboard CPU (Raspberry Pi?) with storage that would need to be instructed to download the manifest daily.

As far as the battery, I was making the assumption it was being loaded on the diad.

E

el blanco

Turn by turn directions you say?

Sounds like someone is preparing for a large-scale work stoppage.

Turn by turn directions won't help if the replacements don't show up on the second day

I'm sure most, but not all, of the mgmt. people will be able to follow them

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Where is the monitor getting this information from? There would have to be on onboard CPU (Raspberry Pi?) with storage that would need to be instructed to download the manifest daily.

As far as the battery, I was making the assumption it was being loaded on the diad.

It will be loaded as your diad is every morning.

stoliohranj

my diad frequently comes back to building with 20% any more Bluetooth or screen on time will sink it. maybe if the retrofit the holder to charge the diad when in slot.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Turn by turn directions you say?

Sounds like someone is preparing for a large-scale work stoppage.

no, they just really really really want you to follow ORION because they genuinely believe it works perfectly

also retirements out the wazoo

Can you tell us more how this will work? I am curious.

Are they voice commands or simply a text screen?

I imagine battery drain would have to be a concern.

the package cars will have charging slots for the DIAD to sit and face you

it's just directional arrows with the street names i believe, think google maps with just the direction steps, no actual map or voice

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Our center mgmt team hasn't said a word about Orion in at least a year and a half.

As far as loading by Orion, I could see it working on heavy business routes or heavy residential routes, but one unforcasted package can drastically change the Orion trace of a rural route.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't think the company understands how bad this will be.

Just waiting on all the pics.

Drivers unloading the truck, in the rain, on a residential street....

trying to find an Amazon pkg in the middle of the 5000 shelf.

Can you explain your over-allowed ?

Nope.

You told me to do this.

:biggrin: