MC0493

Will the spa #'s still be on the DIAD stops? If RDO goes and I only have ORION in a bricked out car, I would be scrolling down until a 1000-4000 shelf sequence came up so I can get some stops off the car.

If they do get rid of RDO, will the ORION trace match up with the Spa label loading? See the major issue? Nothing talks to one another.

Oh, and you can forget about an add-cut junk route. What a hot mess that would be.

Why get rid of a back-up plan for Drivers on the road? Ugh!

To my understanding no, trucks would still be loaded in RDO, so yes if you're bricked out you'll be wasting time scrolling trying to find the shelves you want to work and then because Orion is retarded you'll probably miss a stop or two from the area you wanted to do and you'll have to come back. This is my fear, i really don't want to be forced to work stupid, there is no ideal solution.

So this is what is going on.
Our job is basically to pound nails, and for the last 10 years or so we have had a hammer called RDO that does the job fairly well.
Someone who never built a house or pounded a nail in their life came along and decided that it made more sense for us to pound the nails in with a screwdriver. So they spent a billion dollars to give every one of us a screwdriver called “ORION”.
Now that same person is all butt hurt because they looked at a report that showed that most of us were still using our hammers to pound the nails in.
So their solution to the problem is to take our hammers away so that we will be forced to pound the nails in with a screwdriver.
That way, their report will show that 100% of us are using our screwdrivers, and they will be happy and look smart and important to all the other people who have never pounded a nail.
The end.

This is the best explanation I've ever seen regarding Orion.

To my understanding no, trucks would still be loaded in RDO, so yes if you're bricked out you'll be wasting time scrolling trying to find the shelves you want to work and then because Orion is retarded you'll probably miss a stop or two from the area you wanted to do and you'll have to come back. This is my fear, i really don't want to be forced to work stupid, there is no ideal solution.

This is the best explanation I've ever seen regarding Orion.
So it will be quicker to deliver pre-PAS.

MC0493

Basically that's how i feel it'll end up. Ditch what the board says and just run the route how you know it. It'll make it pretty hard to learn a new route since you'll never learn how it's supposed to flow.

Dollar Chasing

Some of us have been on ODO for almost 8 months now.
There are a lot of people who have been using ODO since it’s inception. It’s called change, and the people who adapt to it first by using some effort are the ones who succeed. Personally, I never have used RDO. I don’t run perfect ORION trace, because doing that would be dumb, but I have never used RDO. Scroll down, use the marker to hold your place when you need to, and get used to ODO, because it’s not going away.

The Driver

I drive.
There are a lot of people who have been using ODO since it’s inception. It’s called change, and the people who adapt to it first by using some effort are the ones who succeed. Personally, I never have used RDO. I don’t run perfect ORION trace, because doing that would be dumb, but I have never used RDO. Scroll down, use the marker to hold your place when you need to, and get used to ODO, because it’s not going away.

The cool thing about RDO? You could "use the marker" and everything, everyday, all year, was in the same order, all the time. Never pass up something that was in the context of your next stops.

Context, context, context! Work flow. Rhythm. These fat corporate idiots just don't get it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have been adapting to change at UPS for 31 years now, from the time we recorded on paper and used alpha charts up until now.
I have no problem adapting to change. But I do have a problem with forced stupidity and a corporate philosophy of pretending that something works when it clearly does not.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Local management, recently stated in a PCM;

"Run it.... how you see fit".

In other words, no compliance metric (which is not even a contract issue).

Local management knows, it's not a possibility.

It's just an excuse, for corporate to keep a "turn over rate" in lower management

for not hitting goals. And they think Union employees are dumb....

Indecisi0n

They directed me to run it one day. I did as they wished. After air help, business help and sending guys to take my pickups they never had me run it again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I never understood why drivers fought ORION so hard...as long as my paycheck doesn't bounce, I'll do it their way.

Their plan...their failure.
Because 31 years ago when I began my career as a driver, I was trained to be efficient and make smart, productive business decisions. That mentality very quickly became my default mode. It is ingrained behavior. Expecting me to do a complete 180 and embrace abject stupidity for the sole purpose of generating a compliance metric is asking a lot. The level of stupidity that is being demanded in regards to ORION is comparable to instructing me to intentionally crap my pants. There is a mental block against such behavior that I am simply unable to overcome.

The Driver

I drive.
Because 31 years ago when I began my career as a driver, I was trained to be efficient and make smart, productive business decisions. That mentality very quickly became my default mode. It is ingrained behavior. Expecting me to do a complete 180 and embrace abject stupidity for the sole purpose of generating a compliance metric is asking a lot. The level of stupidity that is being demanded in regards to ORION is comparable to instructing me to intentionally crap my pants. There is a mental block against such behavior that I am simply unable to overcome.

I became a full time seniority driver less than 5 years ago and I feel the same way.

Trust me enough to drive a large truck around for 11+ hours and deliver 450 pieces a day and not have any missed or late but all of sudden their “solution” is their perfect golden child. Gimme a break.

bumped

And has it gotten any better? Orion should have never passed his 30 days.

The center manager I have thinks for herself. She turns off Orion for those of us that the traced is screwed up. She doesn't care about the numbers per se. No accidents, no injuries, run air first if you have to, don't miss business stops. She doesn't care about the Orion compliance metric, doesn't care about miles, and doesn't have us do the stupid stretching in the PCM.
She says keeping injuries/accidents lower allows her to get more routes in and hire extra drivers. It does seem to work that way until she most likely gets moved after Christmas. Then, it will probably go back to a cluster friend when someone new comes in and wants to change the world.

govols019

You smell that?

At some point you'll get tired of butting your head against the wall and just do it their way.

Running ORION is liberating...before I went feeders I was running more miles and less stops because of ORION. Worked out good for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At some point you'll get tired of butting your head against the wall and just do it their way.

Running ORION is liberating...before I went feeders I was running more miles and less stops because of ORION. Worked out good for me.
He's a drama queen. Pay no mind.