burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I guess I looked at it from a different perspective after all the give a S* was gone

I followed it as closely as possible was already on the 9.5 list so what happened was I got less stops and got done earlier
Didn’t care how idiotic it was Plus free money everytime they violated the 9.5 (which wasn’t very often)
That’s a win in my book

MC0493

Update, still had RDO friday but it was reiterated that RDO is going soon. Friday would have been twice as long for me otherwise as i had a bricked out 700 with the first 8 stops of Orion being a mix of 7000's, 5000's and an air. Useless.

JL 0513

I always find it interesting how fragmented UPS operations are across the country.

My building got Orion 4 years ago, and for the last 6 months, they haven't mentioned Orion once. This is the first extended period they haven't pushed compliance. It's been great. Waiting for the inevitable for when that changes.

Then on the other hand we see in this thread that areas are dropping RDO. While other areas still don't even have Orion at all!

I get the whole thing about market/area test runs first but the fragmentation goes so much further. We're talking years and years of difference. Saturday delivery too. Started last year in markets. The final markets will probably be 5 years from now.

Just seems like a we are a huge company that operates on a local level which makes sense to a point but is still one big company. Like if every McDonald's had a different menu.

MC0493

Management hasn't mentioned orion here in months either so i never expected any changes. We don't even have those preload scanners to prevent misloads. So with orion so neglected i'm sure it'll be a huge success when we finally are forced to use it.

JL 0513

Either have we.

The hot button here is CIR.

Yup, and it's not just implementation inconsistencies, it's flavors of the month. Why is it a different flavor everywhere. This means compliance and other metrics don't come down from corporate but rather by district or region. Why is Orion compliance strictly enforced in one district and never mentioned in another? Why are the district/regional managers so into something when it obviously doesn't come down from corporate. If it did come from corporate, it would be consistent messaging throughout the country.

Heavy Package

Update, still had RDO friday but it was reiterated that RDO is going soon. Friday would have been twice as long for me otherwise as i had a bricked out 700 with the first 8 stops of Orion being a mix of 7000's, 5000's and an air. Useless.

Will the spa #'s still be on the DIAD stops? If RDO goes and I only have ORION in a bricked out car, I would be scrolling down until a 1000-4000 shelf sequence came up so I can get some stops off the car.

If they do get rid of RDO, will the ORION trace match up with the Spa label loading? See the major issue? Nothing talks to one another.

Oh, and you can forget about an add-cut junk route. What a hot mess that would be.

Why get rid of a back-up plan for Drivers on the road? Ugh!

Poop Head

Judge me.
Will the spa #'s still be on the DIAD stops? If RDO goes and I only have ORION in a bricked out car, I would be scrolling down until a 1000-4000 shelf sequence came up so I can get some stops off the car.

If they do get rid of RDO, will the ORION trace match up with the Spa label loading? See the major issue? Nothing talks to one another.

Oh, and you can forget about an add-cut junk route. What a hot mess that would be.

Why get rid of a back-up plan for Drivers on the road? Ugh!
Don't worry, it's all under control.

old levi's

blank space
And don’t worry, if you’re center is like mine the main focus will still focus on making sure you’re honking your horn and folding in your mirrors at every stop. OH and don’t forget to bag every single small

Only time I have ever folded the mirrors was passing through a narrow farm gate with tall posts.

DOK

I mean my dispatcher can't even put one section of business together. Not to mention my dispatcher wants you to do ridiculous things like deliver on both sides of heavy streets back and forth.
fixed that for you

ORION is just a calculator, your dispatcher controls all of the inputs and can change anything he wants

And when your dispatcher doesn’t have skill, nor do they care, the drivers are screwed. Some of these guys are really bad. Only care is that the computer screen looks clean, everyone in stop count range, and no one in the red or yellow, like that matters.

And when your dispatcher doesn’t have skill, nor do they care, the drivers are screwed. Some of these guys are really bad. Only care is that the computer screen looks clean, everyone in stop count range, and no one in the red or yellow, like that matters.
The only thing that matters.

ManInBrown

We had the Samsung smart phones as "helper boards" for peak. It had a Google like map with every house marked that was for delivery. They had us test it, I believe, for the sole purpose of it being a future strike stopper. It was convenient only when you had to help someone in an unfamiliar area and they just gave you the phone.
Doesn’t work in areas lacking good cell coverage. They gave me one every day at peak and I never used it for one stop. Spotty cell coverage on my route. Couldn’t even get logged in.

Thegameisrigged

I can only imagine what they would have been like it they did go through with removing it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So this is what is going on.
Our job is basically to pound nails, and for the last 10 years or so we have had a hammer called RDO that does the job fairly well.
Someone who never built a house or pounded a nail in their life came along and decided that it made more sense for us to pound the nails in with a screwdriver. So they spent a billion dollars to give every one of us a screwdriver called “ORION”.
Now that same person is all butt hurt because they looked at a report that showed that most of us were still using our hammers to pound the nails in.
So their solution to the problem is to take our hammers away so that we will be forced to pound the nails in with a screwdriver.
That way, their report will show that 100% of us are using our screwdrivers, and they will be happy and look smart and important to all the other people who have never pounded a nail.
The end.

Last edited: