Rack em

Made the Podium
The thing about orion is it adjusts for commit times. Well we have our air shuttled out to us and lately air has been 3-4 hours late. I can't remember the last time I didn't have late air! So orion plans the routes assuming every package is on the car already when in reality we are missing a bunch of 2DA and NDA. Losing RDO would be suicide for our center.

Johney

Sure about that? The young guys don't have as much to lose as the ones with the big mortgage payments and the $60k pickup. Package car drivers were the only ones that crossed the last strike.
Pretty sure,because it's all the young guys with the new mortgages and big car payments all the older guys have already paid everything off.

lolbr

My supervisor believes "ORION is just another tool to help drivers do their jobs". Unless we are constantly running over on hours or miles, they don't address it any.

It's needs a lot of work anyway, especially dispatch doing their part. Basic Saturday plan:
ORION leave building time 8:10, start time 8:30, actual leave building time 8:50 if I can get others to move their trucks.
Last air planned to be delivered at 11:48. 40 minutes behind plan before even starting so ORION plan now has last air at 12:28. Late air or break trace.
8:30 planned delivery or businesses that don't open until 10:00. More breaking trace to backtrack, which puts further behind.
"Residential" stops for assisted care homes now are going to get delivered after security leaves at 5:00. More breaking trace to jump ahead, then backtracking for stops skipped.
Final outcome: 10 hour plan takes 12+ hours if trying to follow ORION.

On a normal day it's run straight air plus any nearby commercial I can find that's not in my main commercial area (very small) until 10. Go to main commercial area and run all commercial there and air. Stop and spend 45 minutes to reload every single package in the truck. Run of any schools plus what commercial is near them. Lunch before 1 if possible, always before 2. Deliver whatever section of my route still has commercial. Then what section is next to that, and so on..

onewithedd

Maybe they should skip all the turn by turn crap and just install autonomous drivers in our trucks and we can just make the deliveries. It can make all the parking and backing decisions. That way when someone runs a red light and hit us, they can ask it “why didn’t you clear that intersection” this company is just plain STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
“Turn right, in 1 mile turn right again, then turn right, right turn after next right...”

crash1_20110628102439_640_480.JPG

Working as instructed.