E

el blanco

Good luck with that.
I signed a bid for a route a week ago. I follow orion as close as I can. If I went turn by turn, I would easily triple the number times I back into driveways.

no backing, but u must follow orion trace

wtf

barnyard

KTM rider
one day my first stop, a business, became my last stop, well after closing time, when 1 EAM was added to the orion solution

Just 1 day???
Every day the week before last. Orion had me skip a whole section of businesses and run them after they closed. I had one day where the choice was missed businesses or late air.
This week, it was supposed to be fixed. It still routinely has me driving past a business to deliver 25 resis and come back to the business later. There is not enough time in the day to follow Orion.

I really like the ability to keep dispatch at a reasonable level.

barnyard

KTM rider
do it, make some money and give them an incentive to actually fix their :censored2:ing dispatch

I would rather not increase my backs. I covered a route for almost 3 years. People told me that they could tell when I was on vacation because of the way others parked or where they backed. It is amazing what normal people notice.

PT Car Washer

Only problem with that is half of these young kids today wouldn’t strike or honor a picket line.
Sure about that? The young guys don't have as much to lose as the ones with the big mortgage payments and the $60k pickup. Package car drivers were the only ones that crossed the last strike.

Heavy Package

Somewhere in Atlanta hey are working on the Orion solution...

13120127_49d599a5ae_z.jpg

:censored3:ck Orion and :censored3:ck UPS. They couldn't deliver to their own house but expect us to live up to these unrealistic expectations and bogus trace requirements. I love when Orion wants you to run a split all spa'd to your 8600 section early in the afternoon just after businesses. What a joke.

E

el blanco

Sure about that? The young guys don't have as much to lose as the ones with the big mortgage payments and the $60k pickup. Package car drivers were the only ones that crossed the last strike.

LMAO, I have a 12k PU that was paid off 12 years ago

choices, my friend

JackStraw

It's like there are two different sides of the company. One side is telling you not to do something because it can lead to accidents and disciplinary action against you, and another that has nothing to do with the other telling you to do the exact opposite of what you are being told what not to do. Unreal.

CoolStoryBro

UPS can do whatever they want. I just get paid to drive around and give people boxes. If UPS wants me to unload the truck in order to find a buried package then so be it.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ours system (ROADS) runs at 5am for our station. I don't know when FXG processes their vision but IIRC they see it the night before.

Add/cuts are just done manually. Works well enough.
If they'll pull all the pkgs off the truck when they're cut. Sure.

F

Frankie's Friend

no, they just really really really want you to follow ORION because they genuinely believe it works perfectly

also retirements out the wazoo

the package cars will have charging slots for the DIAD to sit and face you

it's just directional arrows with the street names i believe, think google maps with just the direction steps, no actual map or voice
What happens to the link if your truck breaks down and gets traded out. Does the multifunction monitor link to the diad/phone in the cab?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So why in the world didn’t they just force us to run Orion?
Not sure if I understand the question, or what it has to do with the comment I made. In an effort to attempt to answer: Some centers are still apparently hard core about Orion, to the point of threatening termination for those who refuse to comply. Some centers realize it's too much effort to constantly adjust the routes to make Orion work properly, and don't even bring it up any more. I work in a center that is in the latter category. But if they start making a big deal about it, I have zero problems running Orion.

As for my comment, what I was saying was that even if RDO came out of the board, if the car is still loaded in by RDO, it will still be quite easy to run RDO just by going in order of how it's loaded. That is assuming, of course, that your loader doesn't suck.

Thegameisrigged

So why in the world didn’t they just force us to run Orion?
Not sure if I understand the question, or what it has to do with the comment I made. In an effort to attempt to answer: Some centers are still apparently hard core about Orion, to the point of threatening termination for those who refuse to comply. Some centers realize it's too much effort to constantly adjust the routes to make Orion work properly, and don't even bring it up any more. I work in a center that is in the latter category. But if they start making a big deal about it, I have zero problems running Orion.

As for my comment, what I was saying was that even if RDO came out of the board, if the car is still loaded in by RDO, it will still be quite easy to run RDO just by going in order of how it's loaded. That is assuming, of course, that your loader doesn't suck.
Yes. That is true, but at my center it is routine to go out with over 200 stops and 325+ pieces. Truck is stuffed. It’ll still be a hell of a challenge trying to run rdo when you don’t know how many pieces are for that stop. I have my route set up to be extremely efficient and never having to dig through the load or break trace. I beat mileage, fall within twice percentage requirements, and I beat Orion times everyday. This will only ruin routes for certain drivers.