35years

Gravy route
Does nothing for COVID but might cause frostbite on your face...

Gel Ice Pack Cooling Face Mask​

1621290394465.png

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I lucked out last year with a rental all summer during covid. AC in those 14 hour days with 650 stops. Light breakfast, nothing heavy and greasy. Snack all day. Liquid IV, 50/50 Gatorade/water mix. Freeze them so they’re cold when you need them. Sweat towels you can douse in cold water and throw over your head. I freeze a gallon jug and have cold water all day. Micro sort, spend the least amount of time in the rear as possible. Clear bulk out early and sort before the sun bakes the back. If you can’t find it don’t look for it. These new shirts are a huge help. The old uniforms you could ring the sweat out, id tie them to the mirror brackets to dry out while driving. Now I don’t even show sweat.

I lucked out last year with a rental all summer during covid. AC in those 14 hour days with 650 stops. Light breakfast, nothing heavy and greasy. Snack all day. Liquid IV, 50/50 Gatorade/water mix. Freeze them so they’re cold when you need them. Sweat towels you can douse in cold water and throw over your head. I freeze a gallon jug and have cold water all day. Micro sort, spend the least amount of time in the rear as possible. Clear bulk out early and sort before the sun bakes the back. If you can’t find it don’t look for it. These new shirts are a huge help. The old uniforms you could ring the sweat out, id tie them to the mirror brackets to dry out while driving. Now I don’t even show sweat.
I do agree with you on the 50/50 Gatorade and water mix. Gatorade is too sweet but drinking too much water doesn't seem to sit on my stomach well.

pkgdriver

Yea the old uniform pants we wore were really a pisser too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Does anyone have any tips for how to stay cool in the upcoming hot season?

Minus drinking a lot of water.
If it’s over 95 I will take 5 min of break in a beer cooler a few times during the day.

I will also take my shirt off and soak it in cold water then put it back on.

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
650 stops in a rental?!
C7F628DC-E027-45F3-A210-1F544FDB0EF7.gif

GenericUsername

The back of that truck in the summertime is sickening
This may sound stupid but whenever I can, I take a bigger breath and try not to breathe in the hot air in the back. Sure, it doesn't work if you're having to search for something, but if you keep the back of the package car neat and orderly throughout the day it isn't that hard to do.

GenericUsername

I know our management really drives it home but starting The day hydrated is probably the most important thing.

I drink a lot of water after I get home every day.
Absolutely this also. Those guys who are drinking soda well past 7/8 pm without much water absolutely pay for it the next day(s).

Also, when drinking water throughout the day, don't just gulp down a bottle of it every time... Drink a few sips then set it down for a few minutes then drink some more.