rod

Retired 22 years
You guys are all pu says. One of these days I will tell you about when we all had to wear long pants (UPS shorts weren't even around then) and the pants were made out of something akin to canvas. You guys have it so easy now.

542thruNthru

You guys are all pu says. One of these days I will tell you about when we all had to wear long pants (UPS shorts weren't even around then) and the pants were made out of something akin to canvas. You guys have it so easy now.
Yeah but we have global warming (a irrefutable scientific fact). Your summers never got above 80°.

So beat it Grandpa!

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah but we have global warming (a irrefutable scientific fact). Your summers never got above 80°.

So beat it Grandpa!
We have always had a few 90+ days. Even back in the "olden days". Global warming my ass---its just Mother Natures natural heat/cool cycles. It has happened since the beginning of time.

MassWineGuy

All those “men” scoffing at you must not know about the UPS guys who died of heat stroke after their shifts. But they probably faked it, huh?

Get a sizable cooler and keep multiple water containers in it. But it also important to replenish electrolytes lost in heavy sweat. Water won’t do it. Skip the Gatorade and make your own rehydration drinks. Lots of good recipes on the Web.

Yes, you make a lot more than me. But FedEx gives us vehicles with a.c.

Misery

I used to deliver in Palm Springs SoCal. An average summer day is 110 degrees... like 104 was a cool day no lie. Untill you reach those temps you’ll be fine just drinking water.

At those temps you gotta pour half a bottle of water on the dolly just to touch it. You’ll drink 15-20 bottles of water and not piss once. You won’t even see the sweat on your skin, it evaporates so fast. You just see salt forming all over you. Glad those days are done lol

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I used to deliver in Palm Springs SoCal. An average summer day is 110 degrees... like 104 was a cool day no lie. Untill you reach those temps you’ll be fine just drinking water.

At those temps you gotta pour half a bottle of water on the dolly just to touch it. You’ll drink 15-20 bottles of water and not piss once. You won’t even see the sweat on your skin, it evaporates so fast. You just see salt forming all over you. Glad those days are done lol
The sun is very direct out west from my time I spent there vacationing last year. It was 60 degrees and I caught a sunburn.
I will take that dry heat over the humidity we deal with in the summers here.

542thruNthru

Don't ever call Palms Springs SoCal. That Arizocali!

Lived there for 3 years myself.

Misery

The sun is very direct out west from my time I spent there vacationing last year. It was 60 degrees and I caught a sunburn.
I will take that dry heat over the humidity we deal with in the summers here.
I can only imagine how horrible high humidity. Being sticky and moist all day 🤢. Not sure what’s worse, 80s and 90s and high humidity or 110+ Low humidity

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I can only imagine how horrible high humidity. Being sticky and moist all day 🤢. Not sure what’s worse, 80s and 90s and high humidity or 110+ Low humidity
Rather deal with the dry heat. You can wear gloves and wear a hat to protect from the sun out there but here your clothes are just constantly stuck to you.
either or both suck for our line of work.