Hey, what if all drivers refused to deliver over 70s without help?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Hannah-banana, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Hannah-banana

Hannah-banana Active Member

There would need to be a jumper on every route, everyday for the most part. And you know what? It's been in our contract that we can ask for team lift on those.

That could be combo hours for more people to get full time. Just sayin

2. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Driver helper means fewer fulltime driving jobs and more drivers loaded up like peak, you can keep the jumper idea in your local:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Str8right72

Str8right72 New Member

A better idea is to encourage all drivers nation wide to take their lunch breaks concurrently according to the language of their local riders. In my local a vast amount of people take paid lunches and it has wreaked havoc on the amount of routes that get cut.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

never happen

5. Hannah-banana

Probably not. Just an idea. It is stated in the old contract that we can ask for help with over 70s. I wonder why not prevent injuries and actually do that? What else do we ignore in our contract?

6. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

Almost everything.

7. Hannah-banana

Bummer. Then why do we have one? :(

8. olroadbeech

who's gonna wait for help when you guys are over dispatched and all you want to do is get home as soon as possible.

the managers know this.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Hannah-banana

I'm sure that's why, but why not resist? Why not utilize our union?

10. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

Best advice I ever got here. Utilize the union for you. Your ultimately on your own. If you want help with over seventies, then send a message. It’s your prerogative, resist away!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I send them a message every time I have a over 70 really ticks them off lol. But I say I can always sheet it missed your call guys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. jagger john

jagger john Member

i call for help on every over 70 if you get hurt by self comp will deny your claim get help on over 70s

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Comp will not deny your claim. You management team may harass you but you will get paid.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • List
  14. olroadbeech

just curious.....about how long do you have to wait for help? about how many over 70's do you get?

15. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I've thought about doing this on the rural routes I cover. They would have to send a driver over 30+ miles to assist me. And if it happens to be one of those stops 25 miles down a dead end road then that's 55 miles ONE WAY that driver has to travel to help me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Just depends honeslty. Sometimes 2-3 a week sometimes none. And depends if it’s residential or business. If it’s business they usually send a air driver to help before they go back to the building so 12ish sometimes little later. If it’s resi then after my pick ups so around 4:30-5

17. Hannah-banana

I'll take your advice.. Maybe others will observe and do it too. I just tend to think of my brothers/sisters in solidarity. Wouldn't want to bother people if they aren't interested in the issue though.

18. Hannah-banana

Excellent point.

19. Foamer Pyle

Foamer Pyle Active Member

I think everyone wants to get home. I only know a couple overtime Freaks that will stay out till 11pm every night. It’s bad enough we are forced to work till at least 7:30pm every day. I guess if your a single guy, no big deal, but i have missed countless dinners with family. As a matter a fact, i can’t remember that last time i was able to eat dinner with my family at dinner time, other than Saturday and Sunday. UPS does not care about its employees or their families, i don’t care what they say.

20. Hannah-banana

I can definitely understand that. I'm single and supporting my mom at the moment, so more hours sounds good to me right now.