Hey, what if all drivers refused to deliver over 70s without help?

Hannah-banana

There would need to be a jumper on every route, everyday for the most part. And you know what? It's been in our contract that we can ask for team lift on those.

That could be combo hours for more people to get full time. Just sayin

DOK

There would need to be a jumper on every route, everyday for the most part. And you know what? It's been in our contract that we can ask for team lift on those.

Driver helper means fewer fulltime driving jobs and more drivers loaded up like peak, you can keep the jumper idea in your local:)

A better idea is to encourage all drivers nation wide to take their lunch breaks concurrently according to the language of their local riders. In my local a vast amount of people take paid lunches and it has wreaked havoc on the amount of routes that get cut.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Probably not. Just an idea. It is stated in the old contract that we can ask for help with over 70s. I wonder why not prevent injuries and actually do that? What else do we ignore in our contract?
who's gonna wait for help when you guys are over dispatched and all you want to do is get home as soon as possible.

the managers know this.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Best advice I ever got here. Utilize the union for you. Your ultimately on your own. If you want help with over seventies, then send a message. It’s your prerogative, resist away!
I send them a message every time I have a over 70 really ticks them off lol. But I say I can always sheet it missed your call guys.

jagger john

i call for help on every over 70 if you get hurt by self comp will deny your claim get help on over 70s

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've thought about doing this on the rural routes I cover. They would have to send a driver over 30+ miles to assist me. And if it happens to be one of those stops 25 miles down a dead end road then that's 55 miles ONE WAY that driver has to travel to help me.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
just curious.....about how long do you have to wait for help? about how many over 70's do you get?
Just depends honeslty. Sometimes 2-3 a week sometimes none. And depends if it’s residential or business. If it’s business they usually send a air driver to help before they go back to the building so 12ish sometimes little later. If it’s resi then after my pick ups so around 4:30-5

Hannah-banana

Best advice I ever got here. Utilize the union for you. Your ultimately on your own. If you want help with over seventies, then send a message. It’s your prerogative, resist away!
I'll take your advice.. Maybe others will observe and do it too. I just tend to think of my brothers/sisters in solidarity. Wouldn't want to bother people if they aren't interested in the issue though.

Foamer Pyle

who's gonna wait for help when you guys are over dispatched and all you want to do is get home as soon as possible.

the managers know this.
I think everyone wants to get home. I only know a couple overtime Freaks that will stay out till 11pm every night. It’s bad enough we are forced to work till at least 7:30pm every day. I guess if your a single guy, no big deal, but i have missed countless dinners with family. As a matter a fact, i can’t remember that last time i was able to eat dinner with my family at dinner time, other than Saturday and Sunday. UPS does not care about its employees or their families, i don’t care what they say.

Hannah-banana

I think everyone wants to get home. I only know a couple overtime Freaks that will stay out till 11pm every night. It’s bad enough we are forced to work till at least 7:30pm every day. I guess if your a single guy, no big deal, but i have missed countless dinners with family. As a matter a fact, i can’t remember that last time i was able to eat dinner with my family at dinner time, other than Saturday and Sunday. UPS does not care about its employees or their families, i don’t care what they say.
I can definitely understand that. I'm single and supporting my mom at the moment, so more hours sounds good to me right now.