Hot in AZ. Over 100

navigator

Last week saw UPS driver, driving with one of back doors open. By the time I turned around he was gone and could not find him.
Today 106 out, must be same driver with back door open. Must be a new way of keeping back a little cooler. Were in a retirement community, and its late in afternoon.
This time I just ignored it. Last driver gave me a tour of package car, how its sorted.
I drove feeders for 30 years, this was all new to me. retired for 19 years

jaker

trolling
Is it sad to say 106 is not even hot , it usually around 115 on my route is so you can only imagine what the temp is in the car our better yet in the back

I used to drive with the back door open but after telamatics and being able to see the bulk door open but anymore

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It gets over 100° here in the Northwest regularly, but not as often as AZ, and not nearly as high.

I always thought the absolute worst heat, was when you get one of those afternoon rainstorms that only last like 10 minutes, but it takes all night to burn off that humidity.

Faceplanted

When we used to be able to drive with the bulkhead door open doing resi it made a huge difference.... but ya now instead of being safe from heat stroke, we are now safe from getting into a massive accident at 20mph doing Resis and getting hit in the head with a box

Another stupid unsafe idea from ups upper management who have never work in 105 heat index.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last week saw UPS driver, driving with one of back doors open. By the time I turned around he was gone and could not find him.
Today 106 out, must be same driver with back door open. Must be a new way of keeping back a little cooler. Were in a retirement community, and its late in afternoon.
This time I just ignored it. Last driver gave me a tour of package car, how its sorted.
I drove feeders for 30 years, this was all new to me. retired for 19 years
New way(?), not so much. I knew a driver that used a cargo net over the open back. We all kept the bulk head door open too before telematics.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is it sad to say 106 is not even hot , it usually around 115 on my route is so you can only imagine what the temp is in the car our better yet in the back

I used to drive with the back door open but after telamatics and being able to see the bulk door open but anymore
I'll take 105 in Arizona over 90 with high humidity anytime.

I'll take 105 in Arizona over 90 with high humidity anytime.
I found the perfect route for you.
Screenshot_20170718-090216.png

I've been in the dry heat in Vegas. Yes it's hot but totally different.

Here it's 80 degrees at 8 am with fog everywhere. That tells you how humid it is.
I remember one July it was in the mid to upper 90's for over a week. I actually had to wear gloves because I was getting burned touching the shelves. Yes the humidity sucks but could you even imagine hot got the back of a package car is when it's over 100°?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember one July it was in the mid to upper 90's for over a week. I actually had to wear gloves because I was getting burned touching the shelves. Yes the humidity sucks but could you even imagine hot got the back of a package car is when it's over 100°?
The back of the package car does suck. Totally nother level of heat.

Supposed to be upper 90's all week here.

Oak

The back of a package car feels similar to a lumber dry kiln in it's early to mid stage of the drying charge.

Near the end of the kiln charge cycle temps (depending on the construction of the kiln and the species being dried) can reach 150-180°friend, although humidity is much lower. I used to spend about 15 minutes in each kiln every day.

BlackCat

We had a guy who kept a digital thermometer in the back of his truck. It was not uncommon to see it reach 150+ degrees in the back.

A couple other notes..

I occasionally will stop and open the back door and open the bulkhead door for a few minutes just to let some fresh air circulate through.

We do not have to deal with wine deliveries as much this time of year. I guess shippers finally got tired of replacing all the returned bottles of vinegar.

Putting your water jug on shelf 2 instead of shelf 1 will conserve some ice in your ice water.

As another poster mentioned, you will burn the hell out of your arms leaning on the shelves.

For any customers that may be reading... for the 1,000,000th time, no we do not have AC.