Hours required for insurance each week (on topic)

nj2015

I've been looking in the contract and 177 supplement, but can't find anything.

How much time do I need in a week to maintain insurance for that week?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've been looking in the contract and 177 supplement, but can't find anything.

How much time do I need in a week to maintain insurance for that week?
You just need one day that week so if you're there, 3.5 hours for inside work and 8 for driving because you shouldn't be working any less than that.

nj2015

You just need one day that week so if you're there, 3.5 hours for inside work and 8 for driving because you shouldn't be working any less than that.
What's the cutoff/minimum time per week? What if I didn't work more than, for example, an hour this week? And no, I haven't called out any day this week.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What's the cutoff/minimum time per week? What if I didn't work more than, for example, an hour this week? And no, I haven't called out any day this week.
You should've demanded your minimum. I really can't say for sure if only one hour qualifies but hopefully someone who knows better can provide this insight.

nj2015

You should've demanded your minimum. I really can't say for sure if only one hour qualifies but hopefully someone who knows better can provide this insight.
I don't need the time except for what's required minimum to maintain insurance. I voluntarily go home when they ask me if I want to since I work a FT job after UPS every morning. We just got a ton of new hires, so this week was the first time I've worked this little ever. I work tomorrow/Saturday, so I'll have another 2+hrs from that. But this whole thing made me curious about minimums for insurance.

nj2015

I found a thread from Feb '17 that says 177 is "one punch per week" to maintain coverage. Can't verify that in the supplement, though.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't need the time except for what's required minimum to maintain insurance. I voluntarily go home when they ask me if I want to since I work a FT job after UPS every morning. We just got a ton of new hires, so this week was the first time I've worked this little ever. I work tomorrow/Saturday, so I'll have another 2+hrs from that. But this whole thing made me curious about minimums for insurance.
Unless you are jeopardizing your next job, please please please work 3.5 hours every day.
Think of what the next sort needs done or what people need done who are working later than you. Help those people out.
As it stands I am furious that the unload crew clocked out under 3.5 today when preload was left scrambling for 5+ hours for another late start today.

nj2015

Unless you are jeopardizing your next job, please please please work 3.5 hours every day.
Think of what the next sort needs done or what people need done who are working later than you. Help those people out.
As it stands I am furious that the unload crew clocked out under 3.5 today when preload was left scrambling for 5+ hours for another late start today.
Y'ok. Do you have any information about the topic?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Y'ok. Do you have any information about the topic?
None whatsoever, have you tried using the search bar on the ups rising cellphone app. It is really good at highlighting any and all related contracts when you search a keyword.
Also it's like 1/3 of the hours a driver has to deal with. jeez.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
To maintain health coverage for the week you need to have 1 punch per week, no hour requirement. Punch in,work,punch out. Work 1 hour work 10 hours it is all the same. This is for 177, have no idea how it works in other regions

I can't remember the last time I got to work under 6 preload, over 7 today :sweating:. Just glad peak is over and it's no longer 10+ hours:whiteflag:

browned_out

One punch is all you need, if you ever take a week off just make sure you use vacation, sick day or fhp for at least one day in the week. Covered!