How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lates

Our “peak” so far has been easier than the rest of the year. Got less hours last week then I have all year with the extra routes in place. Only did five hours today since we worked Saturday didn’t have but maybe half my normal stops today. But we are fully staffed maybe over staffed.

El Morado Diablo

FedEx is no different than any other corporation. Show them a legitimate financial analysis that justifies what you want and odds are you'll get it.

Sure, just tell us plebes where to send our information packet and we'll get right on it.

The only recourse employees have to try and get FedEx to make necessary changes is complain to Ops manager --> Sr manager --> District manager. If we have to rely on them to advocate on our behalf we're in trouble. The only thing that gets the company's attention is people walking out the door and no one coming in to replace them.

IMHO, I think FedEx is making a big mistake thinking the staffing issues are temporary. People are walking away from jobs that are labor intensive, have lousy work hours, have poor pay progression, etc. Smarter businesses are putting their money into their employees so they don't lose them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly!

Simply exclude all the evidence to the contrary by labelling it 'temporary'. Hope you're holding your breath during this 'temporary' situation.

Okay.

Stop.

Really, stop, you're turning blue!

Since you're discarding the philosophical principles the company was built on (world on time, money-back guarantee, P-S-P, Purple Promise, et al) how about instituting a 'temporary' $5 or $10 hourly bump until this 'temporary' situation is resolved. Then rescind it and lay off the excess employees? Then your 'temporary' problem will have been solved with a 'temporary' solution.
I take it your analysis isn't finished yet.

59 Dano

BS
I'm in a base market with the cola nearly that of San Francisco. We have many folks leaving because they can't afford the 30% rent increases and will never be able to buy a home here with 500k median home prices. Last time the regional VP was at our station he said, " you will get a market adj only when and if we can't hire locally". I've got one year left here so I have stayed (why I don't know?) We have lost a ton of 10+ yr couriers in 6 months. The new hires can't find their way out of a paper bag.
Like I said, if they're getting enough of whatever they want/need at the current level...

59 Dano

Sure, just tell us plebes where to send our information packet and we'll get right on it.
FedEx Express
3690 Hacks Cross Rd
Memphis, TN 38125

The only thing that gets the company's attention is people walking out the door and no one coming in to replace them.
Which is exactly what I said.

IMHO, I think FedEx is making a big mistake thinking the staffing issues are temporary. People are walking away from jobs that are labor intensive, have lousy work hours, have poor pay progression, etc. Smarter businesses are putting their money into their employees so they don't lose them.
It very well may be a mistake to think the issues are temporary. None of us know.

There are staffing issues in every industry all over the nation and higher wages aren't doing as much to solve them as has been hoped.

MAKAVELI

FedEx Express
3690 Hacks Cross Rd
Memphis, TN 38125

Which is exactly what I said.

It very well may be a mistake to think the issues are temporary. None of us know.

There are staffing issues in every industry all over the nation and higher wages aren't doing as much to solve them as has been hoped.
UPS doesn't have a staffing problem. I wonder why?

Nolimitz

How about we take the drastic measure of committing to a huge long-term financial obligation that isn't sustainable?
Kinda like the 10 step program that is dependent on market conditions... Give me a freaking break. you are nothing more than a corp. apologist

MAKAVELI

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's more than a month ago. Secondly that's seasonal not regular employees. We are short on both. FedEx is the one with major service issues not UPS. Ttku son.....
UPS absolutely does have a staffing problem. Year round. I don't know how it compares to FedEx's problems but it is an issue.