How bad will the next master contract be?

rod

Retired 22 years
And everything is perfect, and the streets are paved in gold! :o

Just like back in the late 1800's early 1900's when America was being flooded with immigrants. They all had heard the street over here were paved with gold. What they found out though was that most of the streets weren't paved at all.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just like back in the late 1800's early 1900's when America was being flooded with immigrants. They all had heard the street over here were paved with gold. What they found out though was that most of the streets weren't paved at all.

Mostly filled with horse:censored2:.

rp3

I voted NO this contract as part-time. Senior drivers in my center voted yes, they said they are out at 2017 so it doesn't matter to them as long as they got more on pension. Now Im full-time cover and on 4 yr progression. I just tell them thanks for the yes vote every dayday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/1/economy-grows-incomes-shrink.html

The decline in compensation for workers at every level below the handful of jobs paying $50 million or more tracks the decline in union membership among private-sector workers. Lacking bargaining power, most workers have had to accept flat to falling pay, a trend that has spurred local drives nationwide to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour.
188C0E37-0C2C-4573-84AD-0FF7DF7D832E.png

nystripe96

Wow this post is frustrating. Guess working hard to make a living isn't part of this newbie's agenda. $11/hr + full benefits at 20 years old. Take the time to think how lucky you are before you decide to quit

rickyb

Wow this post is frustrating. Guess working hard to make a living isn't part of this newbie's agenda. $11/hr + full benefits at 20 years old. Take the time to think how lucky you are before you decide to quit

thats minimum wage in adjusted for 1968 minimum wage inflation.

Thebrownstreak

I don't understand why everyone doesn't vote no the first time around. You know that the union gave concessions. Tell the union and UPS that concessions will not be voted for. Make them go back. Threaten strike. Make the powers that be work right up until midnight the day before the strike would start.

By The Book

Good, better or worse...my question to the OP is this:

Are you IN the union, and, if so, DID YOU VOTE?

If you are and you voted...fine.

If you are or are NOT and DIDN'T VOTE....I don't want to hear any complaints.
The op, if hired late 2013 wasn't able to vote if his timeline is correct.