How do you deal with houses with no address numbers on them?

Z

ZQXC

If they let you drive a PC, there would be crayons!

3054862.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
In my state the counties install 911 address post in the front yards of rural areas.

We have the same here. The problem lies with driveways that have 4 or 5 houses and the numbers are at the end of the driveway, but none on the house. I NSN those and put a note on the box "several houses, no numbers on any of them."

upschuck

We have the same here. The problem lies with driveways that have 4 or 5 houses and the numbers are at the end of the driveway, but none on the house. I NSN those and put a note on the box "several houses, no numbers on any of them."
Some of our counties have them, they put a range sign at road, then sign at each driveway.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I would think the fire dept would look for the house that is on fire.

Oh yeah genius? And how do they find the house with no number on it with the CO detector activation called in by the alarm company?

Because as a volunteer firefighter, this has happened to my department on more than one occasion. I look forward to your input.

Overpaid Union Thug

I would think the fire dept would look for the house that is on fire.
Fire and/or smoke aren't always visible from the street. Plus, On many 911 calls the fire department are dispatched along with the ambulance and police and are often their before both. Firefighters are trained EMTs so it's in everyone's best interests to have clearly marked addresses.

Sent using BrownCafe App

aiian

Unless there's a obvious latter on the addresses... NSN.

I've found that it's either the dirt poor or filthy rich that fail to see the need for numbers on their homes.

BrownTexas

I like the old timers that say "I don't want anyone to find me." I always reply "that must include us too". They usually don't like that response.

barnyard

KTM rider
I like the old timers that say "I don't want anyone to find me." I always reply "that must include us too". They usually don't like that response.

That has been my experience also.

I also see a wide mix of people that do not number their houses. Some, "just never thought of it" others "have lived there so long, everyone knows where they live" others just figure "if the county wants a number by the house, they will put one there."

I just shrug my shoulders and say, "I hope that an ambulance crew knows which house you are in if you ever have an emergency."

Foamer Pyle

I always choose to bring it in for look up. If people are that lazy and stupid to not have an address on their home, they don't deserve their deliver, end of story.

Sent using BrownCafe App

s-man

Sometimes the only way to teach people to put up address numbers is the NSN their stuff a couple times. Same goes with the people who don't put their apt. # on their package. I'm not going to research through the leasing office. Its a learning lesson that when you order stuff online you need to give the correct details.

Damn straight!

oldngray

nowhere special
I always choose to bring it in for look up. If people are that lazy and stupid to not have an address on their home, they don't deserve their deliver, end of story.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's always some excuse like "Everyone knows which house is mine" or "The number fell off in a storm (insert X number of years here)" Or the even more incredible "There isn't any number out there?".

s-man

How about popping out your cellphone and quit with that "UPS doesnt pay my phone bills" crap. If it wasnt for UPS, most of you guys wouldnt have phone bills to pay, lol.

It's not about who pays. I'm happy to use my personal "tools" for my job, but we have seconds to deliver a package, not minutes, and the phone won't show you exactly all the time. My house number is way off on GPS than it is in actuality. I'm busy, you're not there, NI, no idea where you are, NSN. Now I will try to determine which house it is, Sometimes it only requires a little effort, but that's where it ends, after a little effort.

Siveriano

I have a question and dont want to make a topic just for it.

When in the package the small label address is different from the big label how to avoid to get follow ups? It has happened to me a couple of time for ie. Small label says 99 abc st. And big lable say 199 abc st. Or 99 w abc and the other will say 99 e abc.

BrownTexas

I have a question and dont want to make a topic just for it.

When in the package the small label address is different from the big label how to avoid to get follow ups? It has happened to me a couple of time for ie. Small label says 99 abc st. And big lable say 199 abc st. Or 99 w abc and the other will say 99 e abc.
U must b new. Always deliver to the shipping label (I.e. big label). The spa/pal label (I.e. small label) is just a tool used by ups.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not about who pays. I'm happy to use my personal "tools" for my job, but we have seconds to deliver a package, not minutes, and the phone won't show you exactly all the time. My house number is way off on GPS than it is in actuality. I'm busy, you're not there, NI, no idea where you are, NSN. Now I will try to determine which house it is, Sometimes it only requires a little effort, but that's where it ends, after a little effort.

He wasn't talking about using GPS---he was talking about using your cell to call the consignee for directions to their house.

I use my cell to do address corrections all the time.