How do you deal with houses with no address numbers on them?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
In my state the counties install 911 address post in the front yards of rural areas.
One of the counties north of my area does this. Each is a blue metallic sign with white numbers which can easily be read even in the dark of night. Should be mandatory everywhere outside of city limits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just thought of another good one.

Customer yes my house number is on my house.

Me. The house that's 1/4 miles off the road.

Customer. Yep

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or inside the city. At least paint the address on the curb. Of course painting the address on the curb does not help in winter.
I begged my neighbor to get theirs painted on. It's like $10.

No way. I'm not paying someone $10 to take 5 minutes and stincile on my house number. Ill said well you're sure as hell not gonna do it.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
You're driving along watching the mailbox numbers, looking for the next stop. Suddenly, house after house has no numbers displayed whatsoever. Then the next number you see is way ahead of what you were looking for. Alternatively, you have a lane with a bunch of mailboxes at the front. But when you get to the end, you find a toilet of houses and trailers with not a single number.

What do you do about this? I usually try to knock on the door of the house I suspect and ask. Not always effective. But if I have one more follow-up because of numberless houses, I swear I will no-such-number their stuff every day until I see a number.

Did not read all the post but I will NI1 with comment no # on house , no # on mailbox and give it to the clerk.

AKCoverMan

I use my iPhone map. Puts a dot right on the correct house over 99% of the time.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I use my ipad but run Google maps. In rural area it generally will pinpoint the house and with Satalite view I can see the driveway as well as my exact location.

The Apple maps that come already installed on iPhone and iPad don't seem to work as well.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I used to deliver a development where some house had county numbers (four digit), city numbers (three digit), and lot numbers (two digits). You basically just drove around until you had a match.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have any of you ever gone through a 911 conversion? Most folks would start using their new addresses right away while others would delay. You even had some who would use part of their old and new address. You really had to have route knowledge when dealing with 911 conversions.

Z

ZQXC

Have any of you ever gone through a 911 conversion? Most folks would start using their new addresses right away while others would delay. You even had some who would use part of their old and new address. You really had to have route knowledge when dealing with 911 conversions.

Agree, pretty much a nightmare for at least 2 years.