How Do You Feel About This?

management is suppose to do alot of things, that dont mean they actually do it, and it also dont mean theres anything we can do about it

this union is a joke, this contract is strong but its not followed at all, so whats the point of even having a contract?

i miss overnite

That rectangular thing on the wall is the exit door.

brownrodster

I dont know why so many of you are having trouble understanding how UPS works.... they are suppose to ask the ppl with higher seniority if they want to go home or stay......

But they don't. It's easier to take the path of least resistence. Which is to become less capable. We know how to play the game because we are all full timers and have been doing this a lot longer than you have and will continue to do this long after you are gone.

It is what it is.

You are whining and crying about working 4 hours instead of 3.5 while all us drivers were out there 10-12 hours working hard.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I dont know why so many of you are having trouble understanding how UPS works...which is kind of sad considering most fo you are full time and drivers...that gives you more of a reason to know how seniority works and how it doesnt.... they are suppose to ask the ppl with higher seniority if they want to go home or stay...thats how it was explained by many supervisors, so if one isnt doing it the way he should be...he is wrong...simple and plain...

If you know it all, why are you on here asking for opinions and sugestions.
If what you say is true then there should be no problem with you being the first one to go home, simple and plain!!!

If you know it all, why are you on here asking for opinions and sugestions.
If what you say is true then there should be no problem with you being the first one to go home, simple and plain!!!

Seniority does prevail,period. If I have more than you and mgmt wants to cut the workforce I do have the choice to stay or go. Happens every day. Why do you think someones going to put in all those years of work only to have someone junior be allowed to leave before them.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
As I have said before, I agree that is how it SHOULD work, however if the company decides to not do it this way, there is no language in the contract protecting the right not to work. If a grievance on this reaches a panel, it will most likely be denied.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I dont know why so many of you are having trouble understanding how UPS works...which is kind of sad considering most fo you are full time and drivers...that gives you more of a reason to know how seniority works and how it doesnt.... they are suppose to ask the ppl with higher seniority if they want to go home or stay...thats how it was explained by many supervisors, so if one isnt doing it the way he should be...he is wrong...simple and plain...

The concept I don't understand is why you would want to go home. It seems to me the people with the most money problems are also the people that are the first to leave or take a day off.

NY11725

But they don't. It's easier to take the path of least resistence. Which is to become less capable. We know how to play the game because we are all full timers and have been doing this a lot longer than you have and will continue to do this long after you are gone.

It is what it is.

You are whining and crying about working 4 hours instead of 3.5 while all us drivers were out there 10-12 hours working hard.

No I am not whinning and crying you idiot..im just stating facts that they are not doing stuff by the book...i find it funny how all people can say is...ohh your crying..blah blah blah...its retartded...i am simply stating facts, and all of you guys who are saying negitive stuff like " im crying " needs to grow up and open their eyes....and another funny thing...contine to do long after im gone? LMAO...i dont plan to go anyway you smart ass...better reconginize player talent goon talk..

As I have said before, I agree that is how it SHOULD work, however if the company decides to not do it this way, there is no language in the contract protecting the right not to work. If a grievance on this reaches a panel, it will most likely be denied.

It is how it should work,and DOES work if you enforce it. I our area on a daily basis if a higher seniority driver wants to leave or stay they will inform management and that is how it works. If someone is denied seniority a steward will talk to mgmt first and then if need be grieve it. I have never seen one go to panel as most grievances are settled in the building.

Maybe you see it different as you are in package car rather than feeder. Here at least during the course of the day we return to the building frequently or never leave at all. It allows us to exercise our seniority easier than you. But whether you feel its not in the contract specifically,it is there in the phrase "seniority prevails in all situations". If you and I are at the building and mgmt want to cut one of us loose if I am senior to you I WILL stay OR go by that seniority. If there are two dispatches to be done before we can go,one takes 3 hours to complete one takes 1 hour to complete,I WILL take my pick of the two so that I can be back and go home as soon as possible or get as much OT as possible,by seniority.
I`m not trying to be stiff on you the junior driver,I am exercising my seniority earned from years of service just as you have that right to exercise yours over someone junior. If your the bottom guy then you`ll have to put your time in.

If your building or area is not doing it this way then you and your brothers need to fight to enforce it. Don`t try and tell us who do that we don`t have it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Too lazy to look it up, but it says something like "seniority will be respected in all matters".

I believe that is in the NE supplement, not the NMA, not 100% sure...

OT,

Yesterday I had a problem with being offered a VLO....they tried to send home a PT'er before me, I asked to talk with a steward and he said that every sup and steward will give you a different answer about it. His opinion was that seniority ruled, VLO was offered top down and forced bottom up. But he also said that if someone ASKED to go home first they go home first, no matter seniority. That to me is BS because what people do in our operation is come in an hour early just to go home!

So basically, it depends on who you talk to HOW that language is implemented. Should seniority always prevail? I think so. But it doesn't.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I do, but that doesnt mean I have to do other peoples jobs too...and seems the only thing all the immature 12 yr olds on here can say is " stop cyring " cracks me up. good job

Yes it does mean that you have to do other peoples jobs. You WAD and get paid for it, especially since you are a junior employee. Once you earn your stripes you can make a case to get what YOU want.

UPSSOCKS

If that was supposed to be a slam on women then let me say this, You can piss on my union shield and you can kiss my ass as well.

Boy I know I am going to get slammed for this one but here I go....

Women have no buisness being union stewards, especially in a factory enviroment. Way too emotional to deal with the issues that occur daily. A woman's decision making process changes based on the time of the month, the temperature, and god know's what else. I have never seen a female union steward, if you have one you must work out of a very small center.......

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Boy I know I am going to get slammed for this one but here I go....

Women have no buisness being union stewards, especially in a factory enviroment. Way too emotional to deal with the issues that occur daily. A woman's decision making process changes based on the time of the month, the temperature, and god know's what else. I have never seen a female union steward, if you have one you must work out of a very small center.......
You are an idiot.

Note to mods: I don't care. You all know that I do my best to not flame but on this one I don't care. Do what you need to do. I don't care. He is an IDIOT!