How is your center handling 9.5?

reginald95

Except for Monday, I've been on a 8.5 dispatch all week punching out at 8 hrs and getting half an hour bonus. Feelsgoodman.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We’ve had countless threads about the companies new 9.5 policy. Every driver is supposed to be under 9.5 hours for a paid day. We know that. With that being said, how is your center getting that accomplished? Are they getting that accomplished. In our center, we have a few lower seniority employees come in around noon and they cover help a couple drivers and cover late pickups on a select few routes that have them. Also, every driver has been working. No one has been sent home. The extra guys not on a route help 3-4 drivers a day to keep them under 9.5 and then they call it a day. I’ll be honest, it’s worked out better then I thought. I have to credit my management team, apparently these guys really do know what they’re doing. WE just need to listen. Are they right 100% of the time? Heck no, but they’re in that position for a reason and that reason is they know more than us. They’ve forgotten more about driving than we’ll ever know. I’m not ashamed to say I’m extremely proud of my management team. They’re awesome. Go management!

Are you for real?

Grey

Our center doesn’t recognize 9.5. They just keep paying grievances which a lot of drivers don’t mind but I’d rather get in.

The route I'm on this week 1.5 -2 hours over.

Few days ago I had 80 stops and 200 miles and it was an 8 hour plan. I have no idea how some of these county roads and drive ways you can't even drive 20 mph on unless you want to dump the load.
Maybe they need to actually go out on a few routes and actually see what's going on.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
On top of drivers we’ve hired part timers at a staggering rate. Starting the pre-load earlier as well which allows us to be wrapped up earlier.

This is not happening here. 4:00 preload when last year at the same time we were starting at... Guess what... 1:45

And we cannot hire enough people here. $15 and a $200/week bonus can't convince anyone here to work at UPS lol.

Today I wrapped at 8:30. My four drivers left exactly at 8:50. Then at 9:20 one of several SCREWED assignments discovered that they had 3 of my smalls bags, 40 or so missed pieces. That sucks big bones.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We’ve had countless threads about the companies new 9.5 policy. Every driver is supposed to be under 9.5 hours for a paid day. We know that. With that being said, how is your center getting that accomplished? Are they getting that accomplished. In our center, we have a few lower seniority employees come in around noon and they cover help a couple drivers and cover late pickups on a select few routes that have them. Also, every driver has been working. No one has been sent home. The extra guys not on a route help 3-4 drivers a day to keep them under 9.5 and then they call it a day. I’ll be honest, it’s worked out better then I thought. I have to credit my management team, apparently these guys really do know what they’re doing. WE just need to listen. Are they right 100% of the time? Heck no, but they’re in that position for a reason and that reason is they know more than us. They’ve forgotten more about driving than we’ll ever know. I’m not ashamed to say I’m extremely proud of my management team. They’re awesome. Go management!
l5EQg6.gif

DOK

This all fun and games until the profits for the quarter Get announced, no way we meet or beat estimates doing this.

Nine5

I've worked 3 days so far. One of them an 8 hour request. I have 6 hours of OT so far.
No 8 he requests here in NE for Nov & Dec, I also though have not noticed the decreased workload that everyone is talking about just Par for the time of year it is compared to years past.