How many are rolling stops?

Do you have missed stops you are bringing back this year?

• We brought back stops as missed/emergency conditions because of lack of hours just Friday.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • We have had missed or E/C more than once because of lack of hours.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • The bldg has started to hold back volume and not load all the stops.

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • No missed in my bldg so far.

Votes: 39 58.2%

• Total voters

boxdust

of course you have to direct the sup were to drive. most pt. sups have a hard enough time finding thier way around the building let alone houses on route

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Better at hiding them?
NOTHING
ESCAPES
THE
EYE
OF
OE
737615E4-9E78-4F1D-BCB6-68F735903D49.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had missed stops several days this week. Thousands missed on Friday. What is your bldg like?
Well I know the post office I deliver to is rolling stops. Delivered Friday and asked how they are keeping up with volume.

They pointed me in the direction of this healing pile of boxes in the corner that is stuff they have rolled. Lol

boxdust

What part time sup has a DOT card?
I'm in a new building with 2 new centers. every pt sup that they talked to about becoming an onroad sup got a dot card and worked as an air driver for awhile, to get on road experience.so now we have like ten pt sup's with dot cards

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well I know the post office I deliver to is rolling stops. Delivered Friday and asked how they are keeping up with volume.

They pointed me in the direction of this healing pile of boxes in the corner that is stuff they have rolled. Lol

My mail man was just here for the second time today

Said he was just starting his 2nd trip little mail truck was jammed full of boxes

Undertow

We received the pep talk from the top person before the start of this week on how we had more drivers and capacity and a better plan. I don't know. I wasn't bringing back stops by the dozens like I was for the first few days during that first week of peak last year, but the leave building times were as bad or worse and if someone didn't have to come pick up my NDA so I could stay out and try to finish it was the other way around. Today, we had guys who had as little as 4 hrs short of the 60hr cutoff come in to try and help bridge the gap on the Saturday crew and we came nowhere near getting it all done.

Last year, the second and third weeks here went a little better largely because Amazon diverted volume elsewhere before a brutal final week. This year? I feel we may need a repeat of that because if we were to see even one major snow accumulation, I'm pretty sure the wheels would fall off completely. Untrained loaders with sups telling them to just throw the stuff into the car for the sake of keeping the belt clean produces some extremely angry confrontations between drivers and management.

We might have made it out of the first week this time around better from a numbers or metrics standpoint (Emphasis on the "might" part). But if this second week doesn't go off a little more smooth then I think some of the hourlies and even some management could lose it pretty quickly because a lot of things that people were told wouldn't go wrong again went wrong again.