How many are rolling stops?

Do you have missed stops you are bringing back this year?

• We brought back stops as missed/emergency conditions because of lack of hours just Friday.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • We have had missed or E/C more than once because of lack of hours.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • The bldg has started to hold back volume and not load all the stops.

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • No missed in my bldg so far.

Votes: 39 58.2%

• Total voters

Ellyjobell

Friday was a mess at my hub. We didnt leave the building until after noon and were called back to the hub in waves from 5 or so until about 8. All packages brought back were sheeted as missed.

Drivers with no hours left this morning were used as helpers. Anyone with a light load were directed to help those with more stops after they finished.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Friday was a mess at my hub. We didnt leave the building until after noon and were called back to the hub in waves from 5 or so until about 8. All packages brought back were sheeted as missed.

Drivers with no hours left this morning were used as helpers. Anyone with a light load were directed to help those with more stops after they finished.
This peak legitimately looks better on my end
But the problem is... the operation is larger now and we are beginning to roll pieces for a small portion of specific routes that got pounded by their preloader (or dispatcher) .
And our PT workforce is still spread very thin to accomidate the extra routes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We received the pep talk from the top person before the start of this week on how we had more drivers and capacity and a better plan. I don't know. I wasn't bringing back stops by the dozens like I was for the first few days during that first week of peak last year, but the leave building times were as bad or worse and if someone didn't have to come pick up my NDA so I could stay out and try to finish it was the other way around. Today, we had guys who had as little as 4 hrs short of the 60hr cutoff come in to try and help bridge the gap on the Saturday crew and we came nowhere near getting it all done.

Last year, the second and third weeks here went a little better largely because Amazon diverted volume elsewhere before a brutal final week. This year? I feel we may need a repeat of that because if we were to see even one major snow accumulation, I'm pretty sure the wheels would fall off completely. Untrained loaders with sups telling them to just throw the stuff into the car for the sake of keeping the belt clean produces some extremely angry confrontations between drivers and management.

We might have made it out of the first week this time around better from a numbers or metrics standpoint (Emphasis on the "might" part). But if this second week doesn't go off a little more smooth then I think some of the hourlies and even some management could lose it pretty quickly because a lot of things that people were told wouldn't go wrong again went wrong again.

“Management could lose it pretty quickly”

No way

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I would have rolled 100 last night if not for an "all hands on deck" rescue at 900 pm. 450 pkgs in a p5 entire shelves with the same vin so for instance I had 50 or so pkgs that took up 3/4 of my 1/5000 shelf, about 30 stops worth, all with a 5000 vin. Left all my irregs for the shuttle guy, just when I finally get enough pkgs off to sort now I literally can't walk through the thing. 13.50 hr planned day with a helper, there was a stretch with him that had 50 country rural stops 5-10 mins apart. Easiest driver helpet day ever. Good times

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
This peak legitimately looks better on my end
But the problem is... the operation is larger now and we are beginning to roll pieces for a small portion of specific routes that got pounded by their preloader (or dispatcher) .
And our PT workforce is still spread very thin to accomidate the extra routes.
The pre loader has zero to do with the dispatch.
Your post makes almost zero sense

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
The pre loader has zero to do with the dispatch.
Your post makes almost zero sense
He means the loader is giving the driver a Helen Keller load. driver is working longer days, digging for stops in an already bricked out car thus creating a snowball effect resulting in having to roll volume for that route due to missed pieces. When my regular loader is on vacation, I end up working around 4 hours longer for the week.

mixyo

Dispatcher
We flew in management people from other states to deliver packages for our facility this week. Every day was a disaster. We got buried, just like last year.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I would have rolled 100 last night if not for an "all hands on deck" rescue at 900 pm. 450 pkgs in a p5 entire shelves with the same vin so for instance I had 50 or so pkgs that took up 3/4 of my 1/5000 shelf, about 30 stops worth, all with a 5000 vin. Left all my irregs for the shuttle guy, just when I finally get enough pkgs off to sort now I literally can't walk through the thing. 13.50 hr planned day with a helper, there was a stretch with him that had 50 country rural stops 5-10 mins apart. Easiest driver helpet day ever. Good times
Love when they do that
I had one neighborhood loaded on the 1000 4000 and 8000 section

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Love when they do that
I had one neighborhood loaded on the 1000 4000 and 8000 section
Yup, and the bid driver for several neigborhoods I was in has addressed orion dispatch problems so you kind of have to run it Orion (it actually works great in those particular areas), but it had me jumping across shelves when I couldn't take 3 steps into the truck. I know we're gonna have 12 hour days and I have no problem with that but we're not gonna get through this peak if we have to fight the load and dispatch all day. I'm good with keeping my cool and I almost lost my shi* several times this week digging for pkgs and going back over the whole route at night when the ones you couldn't find pop up. If I can't sort, I can't work. Just spinning wheels out there