How many brown cafe members live by shore line................

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'm about 1/3 of a mile from the river that feeds into the bay on the opposite side of town. Fortunately, I'm on a big hill, so if my neighborhood floods it means we're collecting two of every animal and building arcs.

Unfortunately for many of my customers, whenever a system like this moves through, 1/3rd of my route area floods as a result of this same river. If work thinks I'm coming in tomorrow, they are out of their collective minds.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm about 1/3 of a mile from the river that feeds into the bay on the opposite side of town. Fortunately, I'm on a big hill, so if my neighborhood floods it means we're collecting two of every animal and building arcs.

I also live on a hill up from the Mississippi River and used to think that if we floodded an arc would be floating by. Google "Duluth flooding." Most of the youtube vids or at least the most dramatic, are actually up the hill from Duluth. It rained so hard and so fast and covered most of the drainage around Duluth that the streams that drain to Lake Superior were overwhelmed.

Forecasters believe that as our climate changes, we will see more of these extreme weather events. After watching the Duluth flooding and realizing that my neighborhood drains to the Miss. in a similar manner, I bought flood insurance. It was cheaper than I thought and I am betting that if we are here for 10 more years, we will more than likely use it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I also live on a hill up from the Mississippi River and used to think that if we floodded an arc would be floating by. Google "Duluth flooding." Most of the youtube vids or at least the most dramatic, are actually up the hill from Duluth. It rained so hard and so fast and covered most of the drainage around Duluth that the streams that drain to Lake Superior were overwhelmed.

Forecasters believe that as our climate changes, we will see more of these extreme weather events. After watching the Duluth flooding and realizing that my neighborhood drains to the Miss. in a similar manner, I bought flood insurance. It was cheaper than I thought and I am betting that if we are here for 10 more years, we will more than likely use it.

Well to be honest, nobody mistakes the Raritan River in NJ for the Mighty Mississip, but I suppose anything is possible these days. I'll LOL at work pretty hard if they try to call me in. They called off the operation last year for Tropical Storm Irene, not sure how they'll justify calling us in for a legitimate CAT 1 hurricane that, while is probably not going to make landfall to tomorrow night, will send rain and wind gusts as far west as Cleveland, Ohio.

Hell it's not even noon here on Sunday and the wind is already whipping like an SOB here.

barnyard

KTM rider
The Mississippi is not a 'mighty river' going by our house. This far north, it is really just another river, that just happens to run to the gulf. Downriver from us, it is low enough that people are riding ATVs across with no troubles at all.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The Mississippi is not a 'mighty river' going by our house. This far north, it is really just another river, that just happens to run to the gulf. Downriver from us, it is low enough that people are riding ATVs across with no troubles at all.
I rremember crossing it once when I visited Minnesota, I was kind of impressed.

rod

Retired 22 years
As far as I know the Mississippi River is the deadlest body of water in the US. More people drown in it than any other lake or river in the US. I have alot of respect for it when boating on it. I own 365 feet of Mississippi River shoreline and in that 365 feet there is everything from a sandy/rocky bottom that is great to play in to one area that has the damndest sticky mud you have ever seen that is almost impossible to get out of once you are stuck.

Stay safe out East during the next days

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I work central jersey hub and gov Christie is advising businesses to close, but I am going on the assumption that our hub will not close

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: How many brown cafe memebers live by shore line................

So, you think it's a good idea to take your kids to beaches that are closed and unsafe. You thinkyou are indestructible //

Yes---it is something that they are not likely to ever see again in their lifetime. It's not as though we would stay overnight.

CAFAL

Off this week. I may be crazy enough to offer to work tuesday or wed to help clean up. Although I don't see much work coming out of nj or ny hubs. May not be much to do anyway.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Live and work right on Long Island Sound......should be interesting. Was told to report early on Monday and if preload is a wrap they are sending us out early. Unless the state closes the roads I believe we are delivering.
Ya! Good luck with that. With the possibility of an 11 ft storm surge, the likelihood of you working Monday is nil.

packageguy

Re: How many brown cafe memebers live by shore line................

Yes---it is something that they are not likely to ever see again in their lifetime. It's not as though we would stay overnight.

I went to work today told us to go home, I went to shore line on way home. I would not bring my kids. I saw many surfers in water. I will go back later today, when storm is in full force.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Drove to work this morning, it was windy, no rain worked 5 1/2 hours sorting and loading 4 box trucks because half of the loaders called out. As i finish the last of the loading i am watching them back all of the 5 cubes that sit outside into the building. All the drivers were sent home. Driving home on the nj turnpike very windy and raining very hard, thank god not a lot of cars on the road. Even if they open tommorow I will be staying home