How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

Doubleparkedrunner

You dont get it. We don't want more. Have you been reading at all?? We don't want things taken away!
40 hour work weeks is the one big thing we don't want taken away.
We don't want 22.4's
We don't want feeder jobs taken away in the form of subcontracting.
We don't want DAT taken away as holiday pay. Without getting at least 2 extra paid days off.

Open your fckn eyes and your brain. You would be hard pressed to find one (full time driver) on here asking for MORE. This contract is opening the flood gates to take away everything that makes being a ups driver a great job.

he can't open his eyes. He's blinded by hate. For some reason he thinks we are spoiled and want more , more , more when in actuality it is as you say. the majority of us would like to see us just keep what we have monetarily.
... a raise that keeps up with inflation
...a guaranteed 40 hour week
...a" right" to do our work well and not get fired for something silly.
... we want Union members to do Union work ( I.e. feeders )

They are not asking for more. These "wants" are to just not have chit taken away from us.

Undertow

I don't really care. We're promised GWI raises and progression and then they hire people off the street at similar wages or more with hiring bonuses. It just destroys all incentive and the increasing starting wage was imho a bad idea. Should've just made the wage a flat 15.00 an hour in 2018. The company didn't do that though because they don't want to pay part timers competitive wages. Our center is already at 15 an hour and anyone under 5 years seniority is locked at that number for 3 more years because we don't get raises until 2020 and it'll be 50 cents.

Pay me 15.00 an hour and let me get my promised 4.10 GWI and I won't complain about money.

Not to mention this contract has no skill pay for preload. The moment this thing passes, people will be fleeing that shift for twilight or day sort.
That has been a primary point of contention among the long time preloaders in my building and the resentment is beginning to manifest itself verbally on a more daily basis with several of the experienced and more reliable ones putting in for shift transfers. That in turn results in worse load quality for the drivers. Just one more reason to add to the already way too many and vote NO while delivering a head slap to Hoffa, Taylor and whatever other paid lackeys of the company all the way back to the negotiating table.

Doubleparkedrunner

You should see what the rest of the trucking and teamster industry thinks of UPS workers. It would really open up your eyes.
All they have to do is apply. I can't believe what major league lefty relievers make either but I don't bitch and moan about it because if it was so easy I would just latch on to a roster and do it.
But alas, I don't because I can't.

Same for anyone else in any industry; If they think it's such an easy cakewalk them they should just shoot on over.

...and by the way; You should see what the negotiators for all other unions think of teamster negotiators ; it would really open your eyes.

Time for change

Where did he go to school? What is his IQ? What are his credentials to negotiate with company bigwig negotiators pretty much on his own? He is a total buffoon and made a mockery of this contract.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I know you don't want to hear that the freight industry thinks you are a bunch of babies who only care about yourselves. I am sorry to be the one who has to bring this to your attention. Just stating the obvious.
overweight-truckers-causing-truck-accidents.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ima break it down for all you. Anyone who thinks tony q knows anything, it's not hard to fake being in the know when all you do is write vague posts referencing information that can easily be gleaned from other people's posts on this very site, and maybe a couple news articles.

Now, give him the benefit of the doubt, that he does know something, maybe even is actually some sort of union official. With that in mind, read this thread again and see what he's doing. It's extremely disrespectful. He thinks we're the problem, and he's trying to shame us into feeling bad for having completely reasonable problems and concerns about both the TA and the negotiators. That's how sociopaths act.

So we have two options when deciding how to take tony's posts. They are either being written by a sad, deluded attention-seeking troll, or a sociopath who may actually have some impact on our future. We should either pity him, or be very concerned about our future.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I wonder what the percentage of members who are ready financially are for a work stoppage is. What do you think it is? I know our brothers and sisters in the southern region will overwhelming cross the line, but we could shut them down in paces Sean and Fred control. We shut down Louisville and Chicago and this thing is in out left back pocket.
What makes you think we aren’t ready to strike down South? I’ll be the first person sipping quality Imperial Stouts holding a sign.

browned out

I would ask for the telematics reports every single day to make sure this new discipline is being enforced equally. UPS will use it selectively to target certain drivers.

I would specifically ask for the reports that show drivers who are speeding.

The runners need to follow the METHODS as well. Going over the speed limit is a safety related telematics violation.

Hethatbeking

The triple time during peak is a bit ridiculous rofl. 60 hr weeks during peak aren't bad imho. It's anything past that
Triple time is ridiculously? No its punitive. Overtime is suppose to serve a financial punishment for corporations who willfully neglect their employees quality of life by mandating an absurd amount of overtime. You like 60 hrs a week? Well good for you. I'm in favor of an op-out 9.5 list, but this mandatory :censored2: must end.

Tony Q

Who let ups out of CSPF?
@Tony Q 's boss did...
Not ups teamsters.
Hoffa did.

Now TQ has digressed to lying and goading dues paying Teamsters because he has nothing of value to contibute.

Another cry baby over paid officer that cant drive a truck but harasses the very people who pay his multiple salaries.

We all should put him on ignore like his twin Dave that either finally left or morphed into @Fitbit App :) the flake.
Just vote no. You know that sure post language sucks.