How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

Tony Q

Who cares

You’re reaching. C’mon man I think you’re better than this
You are right. I am better than this. I think this contract is a good contract, but in a sick way would like to see you all vote it down. Then see what UPS has to say. Maybe they go back to the table or maybe they say last best and final offer. In a way I wish they would and you strike them. See you know your local, building, and what you see on social media outlets. You don't see what the majority are going to do now a days. You don't understand how political this contract has gotten. You don't understand that I am betting you cant hold the line if, when we strike UPS. You just don't understand what you are dealing with. So do I want there to be a strike, or a no vote? No, I want The members to understand how it really is. If they don't get it I want to strike this company and suffer the consequences. If UPS comes back leaner with less volume and less workers I will watch them cry about being played off. It will be very fitting.

Time for change

I don’t want a strike, I want a reasonable contract for existing part timers. Company and union won’t allow a strike, so let’s not kid ourselves. Just get back to the table and negotiate, this time above the table.

Days

@Tony Q

Nothing but concessions for existing part timers. The full time job they opened up for PT workers is a crap position with no
9.5 protection or guaranteed inside work. The 1.5 meal is also ridiculous. Removal of progression/skill pay blah blah blah. List goes on. I don't drive so I can't speak on behalf of them but it is funny that you say this offer is amazing. It may be amazing for some (Fitbit app) but for the majority that work at UPS * cough* it's not good at all.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

You are right. I am better than this. I think this contract is a good contract, but in a sick way would like to see you all vote it down. Then see what UPS has to say. Maybe they go back to the table or maybe they say last best and final offer. In a way I wish they would and you strike them. See you know your local, building, and what you see on social media outlets. You don't see what the majority are going to do now a days. You don't understand how political this contract has gotten. You don't understand that I am betting you cant hold the line if, when we strike UPS. You just don't understand what you are dealing with. So do I want there to be a strike, or a no vote? No, I want The members to understand how it really is. If they don't get it I want to strike this company and suffer the consequences. If UPS comes back leaner with less volume and less workers I will watch them cry about being played off. It will be very fitting.
hypnotizing-gif-6.gif

Tony Q

@Tony Q

Nothing but concessions for existing part timers. The full time job they opened up for PT workers is a crap position with no
9.5 protection or guaranteed inside work. The 1.5 meal is also ridiculous. Removal of progression/skill pay blah blah blah. List goes on. I don't drive so I can't speak on behalf of them but it is funny that you say this offer is amazing. It may be amazing for some (Fitbit app) but for the majority that work at UPS * cough* it's not good at all.
You should vote no and see what the company does. If I was them I know what I would do. Only time will tell.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ok @Tony Q
If the part time Teamsters want to vote themselves in a contract that screws themselves for years to come so be it.
We will educate the members on all the info (that we know at the time of voting) and they will determine their own destiny.
Many of us on here probably wont be around for the next cba so have at it.
There will be regrets no matter what happens, some large, some small, but if the outcome is a ratification of the ta as is so be it.
They picked their poison. Drink it.

Messing with the package car classification is what the ibt wants. It's a trade off for more pension $?? IDK.
What's the long term plan for both of these issues? IDK.

But, you have to understand this...

The stewards are not privy to the info that supports these changes but you think they should just sit by while classification changes are made to the coveted and protected pkg car work.
Mistake #1.

You come on here lambasting upsers (who pay the highest dues in this union) and tell us how much the rest of the union members hate us.
Mistake #2.

You get what you give in life
Try to remember that going forward.
We're angry because we care about the future of our members.
You think about that.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doubleparkedrunner

Serious question...
Can you tell me why you think this is a good contract?

bowhnterdon

This tactic by Tony Q will be the IBT line when it comes time to vote. “There is nothing more we can do, vote no and you won’t have a job”. That is what you get for your 1K Yearly Union dues....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You sound scared..and the line will hold if it comes down to a strike just as it did in "97"..All those "Best, last and final offer" flyers back in "97" were put to good use in our building, they made great packing material for repacks.

DieHardUPSER

Okay you like ups. I for one hate the prick mentality of UPS upper management. They micro manage everyone from a cubical, while you are in the trenches. You don't hate this company by now you are either. brown nose or you haven't been here long.
The people doing the actual decision making are not in cubes they have large offices. The people in cubes deal with the same BS you do minus the physical labor.

brown_trousers

Out of curiousity, where do the picket lines actually form? In front of UPS centers? or somewhere more public?

In portland our buildings are practically seperated from the public, at the end of dead end roads or circles. It would seem pointless to picket at those spots as nobody except UPS employees would see it