How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Who's ready?
Tony Montana!

Remember what Trump says.... if they say a lie three times people believe it's the truth.

Come on over with the heterosexual Cowboy's & Cowgirls in glistening white strolling along virgin beaches because that will be us in not so many years.

Don't lose your dignity on here. TRUST NO ONE!

You're intelligent, you got a brain. Use it. :)

Join my fellow brother drivers across the nation and our 9-sister drivers too by voting...

************YES**************

Undertow

Some locals voted No! 3 times last time.
Was there a strike and did the ibt leadership allow them to address their issues further?
That says it all. When the company plays such a disproportionate role in choosing the union leadership and the rank and file members still can't manage to throw the guy out nearly 20 years later, there's little to no reason for the company to fear that union leadership calling a strike this time around if the members worked without a new contract for nearly a year the last time around.

Given the history, it's not hard to see why the company wouldn't fear a work stoppage in the near term given how the bought and paid for Hoffa jumps at the chance to do the board room's bidding for them.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I wonder what the percentage of members who are ready financially are for a work stoppage is. What do you think it is? I know our brothers and sisters in the southern region will overwhelming cross the line, but we could shut them down in paces Sean and Fred control. We shut down Louisville and Chicago and this thing is in out left back pocket.
There are drivers in the center I'm in that CAN'T go a week without getting paid. Quite a few try to work through their vacation because money is tight. A lot of people aren't ready financially.

Tony Q

You can survive a strike on your ibt salary.
You guys strike with us and get the strike pay too.
Yeah...good idea. And ya'll can donate the difference in your (multiple) salaries to the Central States Pension Fund.

Are you all in homey?
I don't receive anything from centra states, but I am all in for you and everyone to VOTE NO and eventually Strike this rotten company. I would drink a beer with you on the line. I would buy you a beer after our shift is over. Hell I will even acknowledge you on here now. Vote no

Tony Q

There are drivers in the center I'm in that CAN'T go a week without getting paid. Quite a few try to work through their vacation because money is tight. A lot of people aren't ready financially.
Yeah, but this contract sucks. I know this isn't you and I respect your honesty, but your fellow peers on her really thing this offer is a cheap one. They also want to shut UPS down in order to get what they want. I am sorry you don't have a big strike fund, but your creditors will work something out.

Tony Q

I bet the west majority votes yes. And just because a no votes happens doesn’t mean a strike will. You know this. Your thread I assume is to be cynical. Contract support doesn’t need to be an all or nothing. Just change the major loopholes and this thing could pass.
No I promise you this. There is nothing cynical about this. I had a change of heart. I want to vote no and see where it takes us. I think we need to send this message and let UPS we will take it to the street. You broke me. I want this thing to go down in flames. Who says 15,000,000,000 is enough. Why can't we get 15 an hour, no 22.4 language, triple time for 9.5. Hell, brother I am part of the process. Does this make you feel better. Lets hold out for more. If in the process we strike them then we can ax hoffa in the long term as well and a younger leader can emerge. Vote no

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are one of the ones who changed my mind. We can get more. Trust me.
83630-1275384875039-dumpfm-jertronic-tuttl.gif

Tony Q

This thread is a joke. Just trolling and fear-mongering. Everyone knows there will be no strike and on top of that no one is really saying we should strike.

Everyone has the right to vote how they like. A NO vote does not mean a strike. It means fix this S*. Stop being a cry baby just because the members don't see the contract as a win like you do.
No, we can get more by holding out, maybe in the process we can shut this country down. Show the might of the teamsters. Trump will not make us go back to work right away because the majority of teamsters voted him in and he hates Jeff Bezos. Trump hates Amazon. W hold all the cars. 5,000,000,000 in profits, plus trumps tax breaks. We need more. No 22.4 jobs. 15 an hour. the company can afford it.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
No I promise you this. There is nothing cynical about this. I had a change of heart. I want to vote no and see where it takes us. I think we need to send this message and let UPS we will take it to the street. You broke me. I want this thing to go down in flames. Who says 15,000,000,000 is enough. Why can't we get 15 an hour, no 22.4 language, triple time for 9.5. Hell, brother I am part of the process. Does this make you feel better. Lets hold out for more. If in the process we strike them then we can ax hoffa in the long term as well and a younger leader can emerge. Vote no
OMG!!!!

*Looking around the room thinking am I really the only guy here frightened that we're pinning our future on opinions like this*

God! I'm not a praying man... yet you got my knees here. Show them the light before the lights turn off on all of them.

F

Frankie's Friend

Hell I will even acknowledge you on here now.
My my my. Can you help out @wide load a little more too cuz we're both on the naughty list?

You know, you said Sean has skeletons in the closet that Hall is going to turn loose shortly and with all this demeaning talk you still want to show your brotherly love extended to us on the strike line.

Maybe walk it outside the palace in DC. Boston folks probably dont like hypocrites.

Tony Q

My my my. Can you help out @wide load a little more too cuz we're both on the naughty list?

You know, you said Sean has skeletons in the closet that hall is going to turn loose shortly and with all this demeaning talk you still want to show your brotherly love extended to us on the strike line.

Maybe walk it outside the palace in DC. Boston folks probably dont like hypocrites.
I don't totally understand what you mean. I never said Dance hall was going to let the cat out of the bag on Sean. There will be a bunch of other who will do this work. Sean is probably ready for it though.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, but this contract sucks. I know this isn't you and I respect your honesty, but your fellow peers on her really thing this offer is a cheap one. They also want to shut UPS down in order to get what they want. I am sorry you don't have a big strike fund, but your creditors will work something out.

If we strike, it won't be our fault. No one's buying what you are selling. Hatred is not driving the "hard core" no voters. Those of us who are full time know we have a good thing going, and we know we wouldn't have it so good without the union. But we are rightfully concerned that our union representation is actively trying to take us backwards, as they have been for the last three contracts (at least). We have every right to demand proper representation, and fight to keep what we have, and not let it slowly erode it away.

Even if you actually did change your stance, which your posts simply are not convincing to that end, the reasons you list about why we feel the way we do, and what we actually want are incorrect. That means you don't get us, you don't speak for us, and indicates that you aren't really on our side. As I have been suggesting to the other delusional posters on here, please seek help and get your life straightened out. Once you do, get back to us and let us know how life is going.