How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Who's ready?
Tony the Tiger! Stand up for yourself man. Don't let these chowder heads get into your goals. Stay focused.

Remember what the union has been saying. There's folks on the internet (in message boards,FB,Reddit etc..) spreading false information and these folks don't have YOUR best interests at heart. Think about the election hacking and all the other crap out there today. It's truth brother. Turn off your phone, sign out.. stay away from the naysayers. Be a man for the love of Christ! Stick to your guns.

Off Topic; Do you think we should be worried about Amazon rolling out these Treasure Trucks? They could be onto something there... or just another gimmick to get Grandma hooked into online shopping?

Box Ox

am definitely, unequivocally voting YES! I expected in this day & age we'd be looking at giving back across the board, top to bottom. INSTEAD, we ALL got RAISES! Take that Mr. Center Manager with 4.5 years left of pension.

BYvUwAQ.jpg

I have talked to approx. 44 of our employees and all voting YES! Only that lazy arse Cecil is complaining.

OW1TsDf.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
West coast Teamsters will strike.
I bet the west majority votes yes. And just because a no votes happens doesn’t mean a strike will. You know this. Your thread I assume is to be cynical. Contract support doesn’t need to be an all or nothing. Just change the major loopholes and this thing could pass.

F

Frankie's Friend

It seems to me that this 15,000,000,000 contract is not good enough. If it isn't lets, all vote no and send a message to strike UPS. Come on, lets do it. I can survive a strike. The company would be a little different when its over but why not take it out on the company. They don't want to give you what you want and you know you work so hard for them.
You can survive a strike on your ibt salary.
You guys strike with us and get the strike pay too.
Yeah...good idea. And ya'll can donate the difference in your (multiple) salaries to the Central States Pension Fund.

Are you all in homey?

542thruNthru

As you know. I retired 49 & 11-months with 28-11 months worked. I used my 7-weeks and optional week to make it to PEER 80. I'm in the WCT plan.

I pay $780 for insurance a month for the wife & I. $390 each. It doesn't include optical or dental. You can pay additional a month for dental but it's basically just two cleanings a year.

I read on here where other locals in the Western Plan pay a lot less for retiree medical but I am outta Spokane so that's what we pay. I went 100% Pension and got my wife two insurance policies. So if I tip over, she gets none of my pension but she'll be fine with the life insurance. It was the best deal in our situation.

Yet, health insurance & life insurance costs a month sure takes a bite out of my pension.

One beautiful thing most don't know after you retire is the lack of taxes. Your status now is unearned income so you have no SS or Medicare tax. Meaning say you make approx. $1,000 a week now but only get $710 of that as cash, when you retire... that $1,000 gross turns into about $870 net of cash. These are rough guesstimates but just for future retirees to know because a lot of my co-workers didn't know that.

I am definitely, unequivocally voting YES! I expected in this day & age we'd be looking at giving back across the board, top to bottom. INSTEAD, we ALL got RAISES! Take that Mr. Center Manager with 4.5 years left of pension.

I have talked to approx. 44 of our employees and all voting YES! Only that lazy arse Cecil is complaining.

Yet, that's what Ceez does anyhoo!

So yeah, very happy. Thank you! Thank you!

TFL! ( Teamsters Fer Life)

No. You will not vote Yes because you won't have a vote.
giphy-11.gif

Undertow

I bet the west majority votes yes. And just because a no votes happens doesn’t mean a strike will. You know this. Your thread I assume is to be cynical. Contract support doesn’t need to be an all or nothing. Just change the major loopholes and this thing could pass.
When you state "change" with regard to loopholes, do you mean "alter" or "eliminate"?

Blackstream

No doesn't equal strike. No is basically expressing our disapproval over the contract. No is saying we don't think it's enough. When UPS says this is the contract take it or leave it, that's when a No vote means strike.

Just to use an analogy, if a friend does something that offends me and I tell him not to do it, that doesn't mean I want to end the friendship. When he then goes, 'No, deal with it.', that's when me saying no means ending the friendship.

In other words, No encompasses both 'I disagree with this contract and believe it should have more' and 'I disagree with this contract and if you don't give me more I'm striking.'

If we vote no and UPS says tough, also we've removed a few things from the contract because you didn't vote it through the first time, that's when we have to make the decision if UPS's contract and methods offends us enough to strike.

So in short Tony, I'm voting no because we deserve more, but I haven't decided if I'll vote to strike or not yet.

Days

I was told to prepare for a strike over a year ago. It was theorized then that the negotiating committee would sell out part timers even then. I thought for sure that the union would uphold senior employees but I was wrong.

No 9.5 protection for 22.4, no guaranteed inside work for 22.4, no catch up raises for senior part timers (couldn't even give us 50 cents even though most have earned 2.50+ in progression ), no protection for part timers from technology but drivers get protection, removal of skill pay for part timers (no one is going to want to work the pre-load anymore and why would you), loads will get worse because there's no compensation for loading trucks anymore with skill pay, no night pay is given or has been given even though we come in as early as 2AM.

Vote no!

40 and out

I'll bring a cooler full of beer Aug 1. Just tell me when and where!!!
Better hold on to that cooler for a while. If there is a strike at all(doubtful) it wont be until at earliest this fall. Won't even vote on this until late August or September. If it gets voted down then more negotiations. Peak would be a good time to strike. Or at least threaten to so there can be a slightly less crappy contract passed or forced on us.

F

Frankie's Friend

Some locals voted No! 3 times last time.
Was there a strike and did the ibt leadership allow them to address their issues further?

F

Frankie's Friend

Better hold on to that cooler for a while. If there is a strike at all(doubtful) it wont be until at earliest this fall. Won't even vote on this until late August or September. If it gets voted down then more negotiations. Peak would be a good time to strike. Or at least threaten to so there can be a slightly less crappy contract passed or forced on us.
That will take care of working 70 hours wont it.

Blackstream

And most likely, based on what happened last contract, a strike won't happen until at least mid next year